cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer my domain out for google to host.

CaptKeech
Hooked

Transfer my domain out for google to host.

I need to transfer my hosted domains out and I would like to have google to host these;  as they also provide my email services.   

I have read this,  though not sure how to set the domain destination or get the tag as describe below:-

https://support.google.com/domains/answer/7229856?authuser=0&hl=en-GB#zippy=%2Ctransfer-couk-and-uk-...

Has anybody else achieved this, and can guide me through the process of transfer out.

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Transfer my domain out for google to host.

Moderator.s Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Everything Else

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

@CaptKeech you cant set the IPSTAG yourself, you need Plusnet to set it for you.

Either call support or wait for a staffer to spot this thread. Since domains are a legacy product itsvlikelybtgat normal support staff may not be familiar with the process

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CaptKeech
Hooked

Thanks for the update on the transfer,  any comments on things to be mindful of when I point my email to gmail?  Anybody done this before and can share some "lessons learnt" would be appreciate. 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 317

My personal domain email is hosted with Google/GMail, however my domain registration is elsewhere. I am pointing my email to GMail using DNS records.

Unless things have changed recently though, then you cannot 'properly' host your domain email with GMail unless you have a paid-for Workspace account. Free Gmail accounts do not support domain hosting AFAIK.

I believe Google domains offers the ability to forward domain email to a personal GMail account, however that's not quite the same thing, and when replying to emails you are likely going to need to fiddle with the sender address that is displayed on your outbound email. You might also find in doing so that some recipients will see the from address as something like 'user@gmail.com, on behalf of user@domain.com'.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Being unfamiliar with Google Domains, I just sought information on the product.  It is a Google BUSINESS product.  @CaptKeech does that match your expectations?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CaptKeech
Hooked

Thanks for the information;  I am aware of the "via gmail" tagging, which is ok;  its simply about having a point in cyberspace that I can and more importantly send mail from..    was also thing about researching go daddy,,   but will need some more detail on how all of this hooks togethere