cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After a catalogue of Plusnet errors my Full Fibre 74 remains only 36Mbps

GiannisK

After a catalogue of Plusnet errors my Full Fibre 74 remains only 36Mbps

Hello all.

I am new to the Community but a Plusnet customer since 2003.

My problem is in April 2023 I changed my Plusnet FTTP 36Mps to Full Fibre 74. I also upgraded my Hub 1 to the newer Hub 2. I am plugged in via Ethernet, have rebooted the Hub 2, reset the Hub 2 (asked to do so by Plusnet) but I am still stubbornly stuck at 36Mbps download and 10Mbps upload..

I have an open ticket about the problem but no one is actioning the problem. 

I have checked my account and it states Full Fibre 74 with an estimated speed of

• Estimated Upload Range:  18 - 20Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed:  40Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download):  80MbpsI have done everything I can think of at my end, checked all my settings but the problem is with Plusnet.. A brief history.  I was the beta tester for Plusnet Fibre in my town in wales. The only Plusnet FTTP in my area until neighbours joined BT FTTP. I am still the only Plusnet FTTP customer on my estate. I had a legacy Fibre account at 36Mbps and was out of Contract but prices were going up and I took an upgrade package to Full Fibre 74 in April 2023..Then the problems started. Plusnet turned off my Fibre connection! Claimed I was a new customer and would need a Fibre connection at my home. I pointed out I was a beta tester and already had FTTP with Plusnet for around five years. Plusnet claimed that I was FTTC so I took a photo of my Plusnet Fibre box in my hallway. Eventually my Fibre connection was restored but then charging errors with my new contract.  £48 instead of the £24.99 for 24 months I had signed up to. That was resolved and Plusnet say a refund will be issued and my account is at last showing the correct priced contract on my dashboard..still stuck on 36Mbps though.  Any help getting the correct contracted speed would be appreciated. John.
6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

Re: After a catalogue of Plusnet errors my Full Fibre 74 remains only 36Mbps

I pointed out I was a beta tester and already had FTTP with Plusnet for around five years. Plusnet claimed that I was FTTC so I took a photo of my Plusnet Fibre box in my hallway.

That figures, the way FTTP trial accounts were setup, was that they were actually FTTC accounts and the FTTP service was manually provisioned. The normal support and provisioning staff were not involved and so many are not even aware of the FTTP trial. This leads to problems, now that actual FTTP products are available, when trying to upgrade to a formal product. 

In reality , the upgrade needs processing by one of the Help team staff who understand the way FTTP trial accounts were setup. In your case it sounds like the account type has been changed but no FTTP service change order has been sent to Openreach.

Hopefully one of the Help team staff will spot this and correct the situation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pmg
Grafter

I'm in exactly the same situation. Based on your experience i don't think i would want to try and upgrade until i know its going to work smoothly.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@pmg 

Like you I'm still hedging my bets - I'm happy with my 40/10 (FF36) speed on the Trial.

However, so long as you know in advance what the problem will be and phone in to get a manual upgrade put through (rather than a computer generated order) then you should be OK. The one thing I've noticed is it doesn't see to cut your service - just takes a while to get up to speed (if you pardon the pun).

I've just spoken to PN and it appears they are no longer offering a FF36 product - I would have to go to FF74 though at a cheaper priced than I'm paying now. I was confused because the wbsite was offering FF36 yesterday at a price £4 over the FF74 price.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

I'm in exactly the same situation. Based on your experience i don't think i would want to try and upgrade until i know its going to work smoothly.

@bmc @pmg it does work smoothly IF the correct procedure is used. However you do need someone from PN who is aware of the trial to place any orders.

I moved from the trial to Full Fibre 900 and it was faultless, well it would have been apart from an issue with static IP's which has since been resolved. As long as you don't currently have a landline then there's no changes apart from speed and cost.

The best way is to post on here, let one of the Help team pick up the request and raise a ticket...

Having said that COTS ought to be able to handle it BUT if any one you speak to is not aware youre on the trial then dont continue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Hi @GiannisK 

I'm really sorry to see what has happened. I've placed a modify order with our suppliers to upgrade your FTTP service to a download speed of up to 80mbps and an upload speed of up to 20mbps.

This should go through on Wednesday this week, anytime up to midnight.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
GiannisK

Thank you so much for your help resolving my Fibre speed problems. Fingers crossed for Wednesday.