Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection frequently Dropping

FIXED
DanBurgundy
Hooked

Connection frequently Dropping

Hi there.

I have gone from having a pretty stable connection to it frequently disconnecting or the speed plummeting. Looking at another post, I'm going to borrow a corded telephone tomorrow to do the quiet test, though on out cordless it sounded ok. 

A utilities company has been working on the street last week and it started from then, though my neighbour (with BT) has said she has had no issues. How do I get it looked at or is there any advice I can try?

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 283

Re: Connection frequently Dropping

@DanBurgundy Welcome to the forums. For other Community members to help, a little more detail would help, although a staff member on the Help Team should pick this up.

First question, though, before I make any suggestions - are you really on an ADSL connection, or FTTC? - it makes a difference in what we can advise.

John
DanBurgundy
Hooked

Thanks for the reply. How do I tell? I assumed it was ASDL going by the little plug in filter
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 283

What speeds do you usually get? Also, it will tell you on your Members Centre.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Hi @DanBurgundy, thanks for your post and welcome to our Community Forums. 

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your connection. I've tested your line today and the tests are showing what's known as a bridge tap, which is generally a wiring problem, so I'd like to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

I've logged a support ticket on your account, could you reply to it by going Here with when you'll be available for an engineer visit? If you can post back once you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer for you as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 517

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

DanBurgundy
Hooked

Thanks 

Hopefully it can be easily fixed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for getting back to me @DanBurgundy

I've booked the Qube engineer (working on behalf of BT) and updated the ticket 220407171 with the appointment details. 

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DanBurgundy
Hooked

Seems to have done the trick, havent had buffering on netflix or dropped connections.

Cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Excellent! Thanks for the confirmation @DanBurgundy

Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with and Merry Christmas!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet