cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLM Reset?

riven

DLM Reset?

Is it possible to request a DLM reset?

I've been with plusnet for a couple of years now and very happy with the speeds (consistently 30 Mbps down / 4Mbps up, never had any downtime). About 6 months ago I installed a filtered faceplate and cat5 cable to my modem. I now consistently sync at ~35 Mbps down / 5.8 Mbps up. However my router is showing a max sync rate of 44055 kbps on the down stream, so I wondered if my current rate (34998 kbps) is banded? If I've improved the line conditions between the phone line and the router, will retraining provide some benefit?

5 REPLIES 5
stevewx
Grafter

Re: DLM Reset?

Are you paying for Unlimited Fibre (sort of speeds you are getting) or Unlimited Fibre Extra that is up to say, up to 80Meg on a good line?

I think it is the DSLAM that bands your line.  I had a problem 9 months ago.

See whicj service you have signed up for first.

Good luck,

Steve

riven

Hi Steve,

I’m on fibre unlimited. Extra isn’t offered on the line, presumably because it wouldn’t support the higher speeds.

I’m not worried about the speeds I’m currently getting, just thinking that retraining might benefit because it was originally trained on a fairly noisy internal setup. The 35mbps looks like a hard limit, it’s never tried to sync higher.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @riven

Thanks a lot for getting in touch, pleasant surprise here, in that your line is already actually performing better than the estimates show on BT's Availability Checker. The line is currently syncing at 34998Kbps, but is banded at 35000Kbps.

I've raised a DLM reset request to see if we can squeeze a few more Mbps on the downstream. This can take around 3 working days to process. Let us know how things go. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
riven

@adam945 thanks! It resynced just now at 40Mbps with a SNR margin of 7dB. I’ll just leave it to DLM now to do its thing. Thanks for your help.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Ah great stuff @riven

Thanks a lot for letting me know and I'm glad that's worked for you. Give us a shout if you need any further assistance at all. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds