cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the ADSL still work when VDSL is activated?

markhawkin
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 14

Re: Does the ADSL still work when VDSL is activated?

@SAKAUK

Take/send the router you bought back to PC World. I'm sure they will take it back. Tell them it didn't work well or something (true but not their fault... )

The basic problem is that the Plusnet e-mails on fibre upgrades seem rather detached from anything happening. Plusnet are (to a large extent) resellers of services provided by Openreach and Openreach are a law unto themselves and their customers more or less have to "take or leave" what Openreach do.

Only Virgin are "integrated", everyone else who is a landline based Internet Service Provider has the same service from Openreach. 

It won't make you any less cross with Plusnet but that's how it is.

I am the satisfied customer....
SAKAUK
Dabbler

Please note I am not cross with plusnet for the lead times of the openreach, i am cross with plusnet because they didnot do  their job properly by making the order with openreach when i placed the order with plusnet. Then ignored the same despite my almost everyday of following it up. I ordered the fiber on the day1 openreach went live with our new fiber cabinet so i was hoping to be in the first few orders so lesser leadtime on openreach. But now because of the intelligent activity of the plusnet agents, i am probably at the very back of the queue where whole village order it hence the lengthy lead-times of openreach. Please tell me if its still wrong of me to be cross with plusnet. 

Secondly I ordered a business package and i assumed business needs more atention but apperently not. Based on the plusnet go-live dates i arranged business activity which i had to postpone and for that we lost trust with our customers and suppliers, this week we moved our activity to Regus virtual office as we lost trust in the infrastructure and we can't believe anymore that we can depend on the connections promised until it happens.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"Plusnet are (to a large extent) resellers of services provided by Openreach."

Do you mean BT Wholesale? Openreach look after th BT infrastructure.

SAKAUK
Dabbler

I have no idea who is who actually, expect I know my order is with plusnet. I assumed the PlusNet places an order with BT Openreach (they have always referred to them as "our supplier" so I can only assume) and I thought the openreach engineers who do the work at cabinets (again I only assumed as all the people come and work on the cabinets come in with vans with sign Openreach).

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Discussing this further with my manager, we've agreed to expedite the order.

We'll keep you updated via this ticket

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Good news, it's due to complete tomorrow.

We'll continue to monitor this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SAKAUK
Dabbler

Gandalf, you choose your name well. Fingers crossed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fingers crossed!!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SAKAUK
Dabbler

@Gandalf wrote:

Fingers crossed!!

Hurrah...! Gandalf you are a star.  In the last hour my internet went down and I could see people working on the cabinet and since they left , I plugged in the PlusNet Business Hob one and it started working (without doing any settings). Truly Magic.

One thing I noticed is the your router has automatically logged in using a username of "primepmltd@plusdsl.net" which is not my company nor my previous user id. Can you please verify what this is and also could you send me the VDSL settings (please email me) I should be using for my own router along with correct username I should be using.

Many Thanks for the Sterling Service from Gandalf.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yay. When in doubt, always call a wizard.

But, seriously, apologies for the poor experience you've had from our support team. And, I'm not sure how your Hub One has that username, I'd certainly advise changing it to yours. I'll update your ticket here with that information.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SAKAUK
Dabbler

@Gandalf wrote:

Yay. When in doubt, always call a wizard.

But, seriously, apologies for the poor experience you've had from our support team. And, I'm not sure how your Hub One has that username, I'd certainly advise changing it to yours. I'll update your ticket here with that information.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

I know the PlusNet experience could have been better. However as I said you only landed onto my issue on this forum on Friday and you resolved it Monday , which is fantastic, so really appreciate your help. I wish there are more Gandalfs like you around.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Smiley I've arranged for feedback to be passed on to the relevant advisers, to help avoid this sort of thing happening in future.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet