cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber broadband: Experiencing intermittent loss internet connection but the wifi is still working.

vcortes

Fiber broadband: Experiencing intermittent loss internet connection but the wifi is still working.

Hi,

Since a couple of months ago, we are experiencing some issues with the internet connection, the signal is good but apparently, all my devices (phones, laptop and tablet) loss the internet connection for 30-60 seconds but this is enough to cut the connection with the VPN I'm using to work. (which is quite annoying).

This happens between 3-5 times a day and the time is random, as I mentioned when this happened all my devices are connected to the wifi but without internet. 

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Victor

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Fiber broadband: Experiencing intermittent loss internet connection but the wifi is still workin

@vcortes Welcome to the forum.

Log in to the hub and chck the firmware version. If it ends .263 then post on the end of this thread to get an update pushed to your hub: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-5GHz-WiFi-issue/m-p/1696363#M15510 This might fix it.

Alternatively,

Try splitting the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, see  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840

Try each band in turn and use the best.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Fiber broadband: Experiencing intermittent loss internet connection but the wifi is still wor...

Hiya @vcortes, I am really sorry for the issues that you are experiencing with your WiFi.

I have had a check of your router and you are on the .263 firmware so would advise posting on the thread via the link @Baldrick1 has provided above, to request getting this updated.

Again as per @Baldrick1's advise you also split your frequencies but if you have any issues in doing this, just let us know and we can do this remotely for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team