cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Openreach to update my address for FTTP availability or carry out an MDU install?

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: How to get Openreach to update my address for FTTP availability or carry out an MDU install?

@Phattmatt 

I would update the Question on your Members account with this information.

Brian

Phattmatt
Dabbler

Re: How to get Openreach to update my address for FTTP availability or carry out an MDU install?

Thanks Brian.

I would have, but I was unable to submit updates to the Question that was opened for me. This is a common theme, the complete inability to enter a discourse (with any organisation).

I've had a response today, which was another disappointment:

• "There are currently no plans to upgrade this area.” - It already has been 'upgraded', and has been for 2 years.
  • "Alternatively, you could explore FTTP on demand" - Despite 2 meters away a neighbour has 'standard' FTTP.
  • "Additionally, the MDU process is not applicable for your address due to its existing underground route for external feed." - Not sure what to make of this...it could be considered good news.

A friendly PN customer support team member has already opened another ticket to try to give OR more details and I've uploaded my more detailed PDF to the new ticket (this new Question seems to let me send updates).

Phattmatt
Dabbler

Latest response...'Fill out another form and wait'...

(Not knocking the Plusnet customer service team, I believe they are doing their best within a limited system.)

"Thank you for your patience whilst we've investigated your issue.

At the moment Plusnet still cannot arrange Full Fibre for you.

We have to ask for our help registering your interest to OpenReach again and let them feedback to you about their plan to get its set up for your address
https://www.openreach.com/fibre-checker/express-my-interest-unavailable

We believe we've now fully resolved your issue. I'd like to thank you for your patience whilst we've dealt with it."

No indication that Openreach have done more than lookup my address in their system and said 'no'.

All I really want is to know that the evidence I've provided has been read by Openreach and they've made a genuine attempt to assess my address based on that information. If the answer is no at the end I can (and will have to) live with it until something changes.

I'm at a total loss at what to do next.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

@Phattmatt That response from PN is, to put it politely, a load of cobblers.

Re-reading the whole of this topic, I seriously think both PN (as your ISP) and OpenReach (as the infrastructure owners) need to get people on the job who have some vague idea how to do a job properly.

As you have clearly shown, it is perfectly possible to provide you with an FTTP installation, so I fail totally to see what the issue is.

Sorry I can't offer a solution, but my feeling is you have unfortunately had to deal with incompetents at all levels.

John
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@Phattmatt 

Google the OpenReach (or BT) CEO's e-mail address and drop them a line.

Brian

Phattmatt
Dabbler

@bmc Thanks Brian. I've sent an email to Clive Selley (Openreach CEO).

I included a timeline of the two years worth of communications I've attempted, along with a PDF, containing diagrams and photographs, illustrating the current situation.

I am hopeful, yet have low expectations. 🙂

krusty
Rising Star

Something isn't quite right, the csps on the pdf, shows one very recent install(the small csp is only a recent thing, my install in april had the mini csp), so i suspect that who ever did the database update did it wrong.

What does your neighbours entry say - single unit or mdu ?

Going via clive should sort things out as it needs elevating within OR

Phattmatt
Dabbler

@krusty One of the neighbours (whose CSP can been in the photos) has this entry:

"Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues.

ONT exists with active service. A spare port may be available or a single port ONT may be swappable to a multiport ONT. A new ONT may be ordered and will be placed in Waiters list until the network is ready."

That is a block of 4 flats, 3 have FTTP and one doesn't. The one that doesn't shows up as:

"Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with Line of sight problems Others.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered."