Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install/Activation snags

FIXED
hollihedge
Dabbler

Install/Activation snags

A shaky start to my experience with PN, sadly all out of their control. Firstly the will the router turn up? After I requested early dispatch to having two come within days of each. Yesterday Openreach engineer comes, says the jobsheet has the wrong ONT/Head-end for the line so fits a Nokia ONT and says BT offshore will have to reconfigure something and may need another engineer visit to activate. Hopefully not as engineer left the ONT serial number in the the notes. Raised it with PN support to chase who have been responsive always. First world problems and that.  

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Re: Install/Activation snags

Sorry to hear this @hollihedge 

I can see the case is with our Provisioning team who are chasing up Openreach for you.

As soon as we know more we'll be in touch

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hollihedge
Dabbler

Thanks, I will be calling as soon I get back as OR response is utter nonsense and have placed a lead time of 04/07 for a response based on work that as far as I’m concerned is utter fiction
hollihedge
Dabbler

Openreach are something else. Insisting on a site survey on the MDU because it has out of date information. All triggered by the incorrect ONT/Headend information raised by the install engineer who installed the ONT on to this non existent Fibre at my flat. Poor CSA at PN tried to convince them otherwise, but they wouldn't budge on this but brought the survey date forward to the 20th. 

Good old OR banjaxing relationships for new customers. 

nitram
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Fix

A factual, concise email to Openreach CEO clive.selley@openreach.co.uk might expediate matters.

hollihedge
Dabbler

Many thanks @nitram for suggesting this. The issue was resolved Monday gone. As suspected no site visit needed or engineer just a reconfiguration and remote activation by OR to get the service up and running.

The OR CEO team where really helpful and did most of the work to be honest. It's a real shame that PN CSA don't deal with the OR CEO complaints team instead of the "eChat" battles.