Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FTTP install, 80/50 Cap on 300/50 package with Static IP address

FIXED
ojconcentrate
Hooked

New FTTP install, 80/50 Cap on 300/50 package with Static IP address

Hi All,

I've had FTTP installed today and from the hardware perspective, it all look ok but there seems to be some sort of artificial cap being applied to my account.

When I first connected the Hub Two router to the new service (ONT), it connected fine but I received an IP address I didn't recognize, speed test showed 280/50 speed which is what I was expecting.

After rebooting the router again, I then received my static IP address as expected but form then on, my service appears to be capped to 80/50 (speed tests shows variations of around 78/49 or there abouts)

I contacted the plus.net tech team but they have raised a fault with BT but I think the problem is much simpler than this and it on the Plus.net side.

I know the fibre connection and hardware is good since I got at least one good test from it but since having been assigned my static address, i am capped.

Anything else I can do from my side?

Edit: I clearly missed that there is a dedicated FTTP forum so if the mods could move this thread there, it would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: New FTTP install, 80/50 Cap on 300/50 package with Static IP address

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Full Fibre

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

Fix

I contacted the plus.net tech team but they have raised a fault with BT but I think the problem is much simpler than this and it on the Plus.net side.

@ojconcentrate  it is, you need to wait for your account change to complete in all the PlusNet systems. Until then, since you have a static IP, your download speed will be limited by your previous FTTC profile.

When I first connected the Hub Two router to the new service (ONT), it connected fine but I received an IP address I didn't recognize, speed test showed 280/50 speed which is what I was expecting.

That's probably because the router initially connected using its default setup account ( which has no profile ), and then configured with your correct account details and got your static IP & profile.

Anything else I can do from my side?

Reboot your router later

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ksaro1
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@MisterW wrote:

@ojconcentrate  it is, you need to wait for your account change to complete in all the PlusNet systems. Until then, since you have a static IP, your download speed will be limited by your previous FTTC profile.

What are the average times of the PN system updates? I ask because I too switched from FTTC to 500 mb/s full fibre with an assigned IP address and my speeds remained at 500 mb/s throughout. Both at initial connection and after my Hub Two router was configured. So, for me the change was instantaneous yet I see others are asked to what a while. Just curious.

ojconcentrate
Hooked

Just to give an update. I just got an email fro. Plus net at 15:06 titled "Your broadband product change is now complete". Speeds were still caped but after a modem reboot it was uncapped and resolved.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 439

Plus net at 15:06 titled "Your broadband product change is now complete". 

Yes, that's generated when the Plusnet system completes the product change. i suspect its triggered by an update by Openreach's systems, goodness knows how long that takes...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.