cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection after storm Arwen

Fwood21

No connection after storm Arwen

Hi there, my electricity was down for two days, has been on since yesterday morning 29/11/21. My Plusnet router is on and has the orange light and red fishing, indicating no broadband. Have reset it, re-started etc etc
Neighbors bt fibre is on and no problems. Your site says no outages in the area, I reported my fault last night.
Have waited 24 hours now, can anyone tell me what's going on? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Dirvine15

Re: No connection after storm Arwen

I'm the same in the Aberdeenshire area and when i called yesterday i was told "it will turn on later today" (yesterday) and still  a solid orange light with flashing broadband light.. i also did a restart, unplugged for 30 minutes and reset the Hub but still nothing.

Fwood21

Just got a reply on Twitter saying there is a fault detected, and given 72hr timeframe for investigating. I've just spent another £7.99 on BT hotspot today as I'm a teacher and need to get things sorted for tomorrow.
Fingers crossed for a quick solution.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Glad to hear that you've had an update as to what's going on with your service @Fwood21 and I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. As I'm sure you can understand, we're fairly limited into what we can do here, other than hang fire for Openreaach to get lines back up and running in affected areas.

Slightly different story for your service though @Dirvine15, in that tests on the line this evening are showing no issues with the circuit on Openreach's side, however the router appears to be out of sync. Are you able to please give it a factory reset using the small pin hole at the back? Hold a pin in there until the light goes green, allow it to reboot and let us know how you get on.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Dirvine15

I have done this and didn’t work
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey @Dirvine15 

I've just checked again and can see that a phone fault is now to blame for your lack of service at the moment. Our suppliers are currently looking into this and we're hoping to have it both addressed and resolved by 03/12/2021.

You can both view and respond to the open fault ticket for direct comms with our Tech Support Team here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds