Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ryanair App fails on all devices. Why ?

FIXED
Des2
Grafter

Ryanair App fails on all devices. Why ?

The app works fine when using mobile data but throws back an error on all my devices when using via my Plusnet fibre. Don’t think it’s anything to do with the app itself. Could there be some sort of cache conflict inside the router ? Been like it for weeks but now turning into a real pain....

Many thanks for any replies.

72 REPLIES 72
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Ryanair App fails on all devices. Why ?

Hi @Des2,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Are you receiving any kind of error message when this occurs? If so, please could you post a screenshot of this in another post so that we can review the situation further?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Des2
Grafter

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me. Attached is the requested screenshot....

I hope you can figure out the issue. The app worked a few times this weekend but failed again just now. It is the same on all devices so I think either RA has an issue which seems unlikely as there are no reports anywhere else or there is something wrong with my connection.

Rgds

Des

Des2
Grafter

I should emphasise that the RA app always works when using mobile data on my phone but when I switch back to WiFi I get the error message. There’s clearly some conflict.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Just installed it on my phone and working fine on my PN connection.
Have you tried reinstalling it? Though the screen shot suggests the error could be on their side not yours.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Des2
Grafter

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’m no techie so don’t understand the error message but I’m increasingly confident there is an issue with my PN connection.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Hi @Des2

I'm sorry to see you're having issues loading the Ryan Air app.

Do you have problems with other apps or just this one? Have you tried removing the app and then redownloading it?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Des2
Grafter

Yes I have tried this several times. 

As I say, the giveaway is when I use my mobile data rather than my WiFi. It works fine with my data but not with WiFi. 

I hope the error messages in the screenshot mean something to you, and that the issue can be fixed ASAP.

Des

dvorak

The error in the screen shot suggest that the page / resource been looked for doesn't exist on the ryan air servers.
Customer / Moderator
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Could this be another geo blocking issue?
Are Ryan Air blocking the particular Plusnet IP address range, that Des2's IP address haa been assigned from?
A test with a static IP from a different range would be interesting.
dvorak

IP resolves to UK
Customer / Moderator
Des2
Grafter

Thanks for the reply. I tried it this morning and it worked okay. It’s almost like it works fine at the start of a new day and then it will fail whilst in use with the error message appearing and then it is done for the rest of the day even if I switch to a different device, the error message always appearing.

Then I turn on mobile data and it works great first time, then go back to WiFi and it fails immediately.

But then the next morning it starts all over again, working initially before failing for the rest of the day. Very odd.

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

It would be interesting to see if the same pattern exists on mobile data.
Could you leave the phone on mobile data for one day and test several times?
Des2
Grafter

I have just gone into the app on my iPad. It worked at first (as usual) but as I tap to start booking a flight it gave out the same error as always. Then if I start again with the app it throws out the error right after selecting dates so I can’t go as far as the first time round.

So then I load the app up on my android phone connected to WiFi and it throws out the error right at after the date selection. So somehow the phone sees the same error that was caused using the iPad....

So then I turn WiFi off on the phone and use mobile data and it works fine. I will try it like this a few more times today to see if I can generate the error using mobile data.

But it is very odd. I suspect the app will not go beyond date selection on all my devices using WiFi until tomorrow morning when the situation will repeat. Very frustrating....

In the meantime I have used the Wizzair app this morning to book flights and it was fine.

But its hard to believe the problem is with the RA app as it would be all over the Internet, especially as booking a flight is currently impossible....

Des2
Grafter

Over the last half hour I have made a few dummy bookings using mobile data with no problems. On WiFi it would have packed in by now.

So I go back to WiFI and immediately the error returns.....