Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teams stuttering all the time

FIXED
thetarpey
Grafter

Re: Teams stuttering all the time

Just rebooted the hub, and I've been able to connect wirelessly for the first time all day...

I see there are known issues with the hub, will a new router be the end of my issues?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Thanks for getting back to me @thetarpey 

It's hard to say if the router's developed fault and you're definitely on a good firmware version with no known issues.

If all other devices worked fine, but your laptop didn't, that seemed to point fingers at the laptop.

I'm still happy to send you a replacement router to try but I'm not sure it'll help. Undecided

Also, are you aware FTTP (fibre to the premises) is available in your area? We'll be happy to migrate you over to this with no termination fees to your existing contract though it'll mean leaving us for BT or EE. I'd recommend calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 if you'd like to discuss and arrange this. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thetarpey
Grafter

Hi Thanks again for your help and advice, it's really appreciated.

I suspect the issues aren't restricted to just the one laptop, Unfortunately I didn't have enough time today to test properly but next time I get similar issues I will try to reproduce the problems on my personal laptop, as my gut feel is that the problem lies with the router.

I will look into FTTP but it seems more expensive and I'd be happy if my Plusnet service was a bit more reliable.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi @thetarpey

No problem, makes sense, I've arranged to send you a new router now we'll put in the post for you soon.

Keep me posted on how it goes once you've got it. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thetarpey
Grafter

Thanks @Gandalf!

thetarpey
Grafter

Hey @Gandalf, just to let you know the new router was installed on Sunday and no issues at all. Performance has been excellent. Thank you for your help.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey @thetarpey

Awesome! I'm glad to see the new router's working a lot better for you. 

No problem, let us know if you have further issues or there's ever anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet