cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was meant to have Full Fibre installed 4 years ago and still hasn't been resolved

Dismal

Was meant to have Full Fibre installed 4 years ago and still hasn't been resolved

Hi,

Back in spring of 2020 we had upgraded to the Plusnet Hub 2 which then required an engineer to come out to install the ONT Broadband into our home. The Hub came with no issue but the person meant to install the fibre optic never came on the date they were meant to. We got a message from them saying that they were delayed and our installation was moved to late April This was fine, but then the date comes and they never arrived and have yet to rearrange a date for the install. A member of my family had made repeated attempts to contact support but the issue was never resolved. Four years later and the quality of our broadband has noticeably degraded; struggling to keep up the demand. To make it worse we are begin charged monthly for Full Fibre even though we have no way to access it.

Which is why I'm reaching out now. We're unsatisfied with the service provided and we are considering switching to a new broadband provider if the this problem can't be resolved. 

Has anyone else had to deal with this?

26 REPLIES 26
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Re: Was meant to have Full Fibre installed 4 years ago and still hasn't been resolved

@Dismal something doesn't sound right here ?

Plusnet didn't introduce the Full Fibre product until May 2022 so I'm not sure how you would have been offered it in 2020.

There was an FTTP trial back in 2017 but I thought entry to that had stopped by 2020 and the term 'Full fibre' was never in use until the product launch in 2022.

Are you sure you are meaning FTTP ? although your reference to an ONT would indicate you are!.

Can you post your availability results from here https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome please? (redacting any personal information)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

krusty
Rising Star

Re: Was meant to have Full Fibre installed 4 years ago and still hasn't been resolved

@Dismal The attatched picture, doesn't show any sign of an ont fitted but instead a master socket with a microfilter.

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@krusty 

I think that is @Dismal's point : they are still waiting for the ONT for Full Fibre to be fitted?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@Dismal 

This is the same Checker as mentioned by @MisterW - it just uses your phone number.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

You're looking for WBC FTTP in the left hand column and Available to the right. When posting the results include the narrative below the window as this includes information on FTTP and any possible install problem.

If you have an overhead copper feed currently is there any extra kit attached to the pole serving your house. A Connectorised Block Terminal (CBT) is required to feed the fibre cable. If you have an underground feed the same type of unit goes in the chamber but of course you can't see that.

Brian

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

The Hub two was not issued for installation until late 2021

I wondering if there is a confusion of terminology with the @Dismal being installed with ADSL. expecting an upgrade to FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet) when it became available.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 23

@Dan_the_Van, I was wonder the same, particularly as that doesn't seem to be coming first hand. ie "A member of my family had made repeated attempts to contact support".  I'm guessing that was probably the account holder, and coupled with the timeframes not working as mentioned above (ie FTTP and Hub2 not being available at the time mentioned).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

I'm not saying the OP hasn't got an issue, but having re-read the initial post a number of times, I'm curious - unless they live on the outermost of the Outer Hebrides, something just doesn't read right - or am I missing something obvious?Huh

John
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 14

First thought is how can a customer wait four years for a service to be installed before complaining ? 
If you consider 2020 is a mistype and replace it with 2024 then the problem becomes more understandable as a catalogue of delays. If Plusnet staff can identify the customer then they should get involved and help get the service up & running.

jab1
Legend

Until or unless the OP comes back with more detail I think this will remain a mystery. As you say, @Champnet , Spring 2024 makes more sense, as FTTP  was not available in 2020, but there is scant information in the original post for anyone on here to digest.

John
bmc
Hero

@Champnet 

The thread title specifically states "4 years ago"

@Dismal 

Another piece of information that would be helpful is the name of the product you are currently on. Login to your PN Members portal and look under My Account. While there, are there any open questions showing?

Brian

jab1
Legend

Thanks @bmc  - for some weird reason, even though I saw the topic title, it had gone out of my head.

As I say, we need more detailed info from the OP.

John
Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Another thought:

Wasn't "Spring 2020" during the first Covid lockdown, when new installations were paused in most cases?

I'm wondering if the OP's order just slipped through the system over time somehow?

Though I agree - waiting 4 years to complain about it does seem odd. That may well have included at least one re-contracting to a service that they have never received!

bmc
Hero

Another general thought.

When did the PN FTTP Trial end?

Brian

jab1
Legend

2017/8ish, I think @bmc  - but I doubt the OP would have been invited.😀

John