cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

full fibre broadband keeps dropping DE11 postcode

mr-k
Hooked

full fibre broadband keeps dropping DE11 postcode

hi all my broadband has been dropping out since 7am today, works for about 2 mins then drops,speedtest reports an ipload error, 

20 REPLIES 20
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 281

Re: full fibre broadband keeps dropping DE11 postcode

@mr-k Welcome to the forums. As you have posted on the Broadband board, but mention Full Fibre, can you confirm which service you are on?

John
mr-k
Hooked

Just logged into the hub - network uptime is showing as 12 mins, system uptime is shown as 3hrs 25mins

mr-k
Hooked

Hi, on fullfibre but that link wasnt active so i couldnt post in there

jab1
Legend

OK - I'll have a look and see if there is any known problem, but Full Fibre usually works, or doesn't.

John
jab1
Legend

Nothing reported on the OpenReach fault reporter for the Derby area. Which router are you using, please?

John
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@mr-k 

When it goes down what colour are the lights on the ONT and the Router?

Are you connecting via WiFi or Ethernet?

Brian

Baldrick1
Fixes: 428

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Broadband to Full Fibre.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mr-k
Hooked

hi green when booting up - blue when working - orange when not working usually connected with ethernet cable

jab1
Legend

OK, @mr-k Providing you are using a Plusnet Hub2, can you export your full Event Log, and attach it to a post, please?

John
mr-k
Hooked

Hi its been off and on since about 7am today, mainly off with a min or two connections in between, i did a speed test at about 6.45 today and it was about 20meg download and 1meg upload, just done anbother test now its back to about normal,  500ish download and 70ish upload, we havent changed anything today . Spoke to a customer service person at plus net , he sais he could see an issue but didnt explain the exact issue, going to mail a new router and send an engineer next monday.  I work from home so pretty frustrating. I have to admit the insall l that was done is a total diy bodge

They removed the bt box (internal) and left  a bare hole with this connector thing in the middle, its a comple f*** Up. Ive put masking tape over it because of the draught. Once the contracts up we will change provider and get the connection re done.

Rant over, connection seems to have stabilised since i called  plus net, 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 428

@mr-k wrote:

They removed the bt box (internal) and left  a bare hole with this connector thing in the middle, its a comple f*** Up. Ive put masking tape over it because of the draught. Once the contracts up we will change provider and get the connection re done.

Changing ISP will not get this corrected. If you are discontent with the work undertaken by Openreach or their contractors then complain to Openreach directly. See: https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/when-to-get-in-touch-with-openreach/complaints-policy

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

@mr-k It sounds from your last post that this was an OpenReach network issue, so the 'new router' and engineer are superfluous to requirements, to be honest.

John
mr-k
Hooked

hi since i spoke to the plusnet support the connection has been fine, new router arrived today and installed it, will send the old one back today, i will cancel the engineer visit for next monday

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I was thinking about posting here but saw this thread and what I have to say may be apposite to the thread.

Last week I had several disconnections during the day and yesterday 14/10/24 it started happening again. When I rang support I was told that a fault was showing but of an indeterminate nature.

My neighbour is also on FTTP and after a quick exchange of Whatsapps, I new that he had also been getting the same disconnections. He told me that there were many people in the village, all on FTTP, who were also complaining about disconnections on the local Facebook group. I checked and there were people complaining of the disconnections yesterday who are with BT, PlusNet, Vodaphone and SKY. There were various posts speculating on the cause/s but one thing is for certain, users from multiple ISP's but all on FTTP  are experiencing disconnections at the same time and it has been going on for more than a week.