Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

full fibre broadband keeps dropping DE11 postcode

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 281

Re: full fibre broadband keeps dropping DE11 postcode

@longedge Anything showing on here:https://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/ ? If it has been going on for 'more than a week', go down the list to around the date you first noticed it.

John
longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I wouldn't know where to start with that list 🙂

To be clear, I have experienced disconnections on 2 dates recently. Firstly 9/10/24 between about 4pm and 6 pm 3 disconnections and secondly 14/10/24 again roughly 4pm to 6pm 3 disconnections.

When I say that it has been going on for over a week, I'm talking about Facebook posts from people in the village. The common factor is that all are on FTTP with whichever ISP.

jab1
Legend

So, we can assume from that there is a fault  (unspecified) somewhere in the FTTP infrastructure in the area. Unfortunately, that fault list was created in the days of the PSTN phone network, and although some FTTP faults are recorded in it, finding the fault reference, if it exists, is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

John
mr-k
Hooked

Hi, since the install in feb 2024 my fibre to the house  has worked fine, apart from  the odd outage for ten mins or so , however yesterday from around 6.45 - 7am until about 14.00 it was totally [-Censored-], constant  disconnecting etc,  i work from home connecting to servers etc so i would know if there was an issue, but yesterday I lost approx. 7 hrs work time , but 30 mins after i spoke to the support folks all seemed to stabilise. which seemed odd particularly  as we made no changes here at my home address . On another matter someone said contact openreach about the cowboy install, well  ive tried  constantly for about 6months but every time i go to their complaints site i get  a message  saying that there is an issue with their site, so I need plusnet to escalate this,  if an employee / contactor to openreach cant do a decent job then they need to find someone who can, not employ clowns who have no respect for a clients property, by the way we are in the east midlands, years ago my company got plus net to send an engineer to install an upstairs extension, they sent the same clown company – this clown didn have  a drill bit long enough to drill through a cavity wall so I lent him one of mine. Plus net need to stop employing cowboys

mr-k
Hooked

hi,we have livedi n this house for 20 years, i work in it and use the internet for 10hours a day for 5 days a week, weve never had an issue like yesterday. 

jab1
Legend

@mr-k wrote:

Hi, since the install in feb 2024 my fibre to the house  has worked fine, apart from  the odd outage for ten mins or so , however yesterday from around 6.45 - 7am until about 14.00 it was totally [-Censored-], constant  disconnecting etc,  i work from home connecting to servers etc so i would know if there was an issue, but yesterday I lost approx. 7 hrs work time , but 30 mins after i spoke to the support folks all seemed to stabilise. which seemed odd particularly  as we made no changes here at my home address . On another matter someone said contact openreach about the cowboy install, well  ive tried  constantly for about 6months but every time i go to their complaints site i get  a message  saying that there is an issue with their site, so I need plusnet to escalate this,  if an employee / contactor to openreach cant do a decent job then they need to find someone who can, not employ clowns who have no respect for a clients property, by the way we are in the east midlands, years ago my company got plus net to send an engineer to install an upstairs extension, they sent the same clown company – this clown didn have  a drill bit long enough to drill through a cavity wall so I lent him one of mine. Plus net need to stop employing cowboys

To stick to the matter at hand, ignoring the fact that Plusnet do not send engineers - that is Openreachs job - you are now sorted, I assume?

John