cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading from fttp trial with landline

ch13fwiggum

upgrading from fttp trial with landline

Hi,

just seeking a bit of clarity with the process for moving from the uncontracted fttp trial to another product, did see that for new installations it would probably involve the removal of the copper pair, But as we already have fibre and a copper pair to the premise, what are the options?

both services are with plusnet

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: upgrading from fttp trial with landline

@ch13fwiggum 

I assume you are on the FTTP Trial and have a legacy phone service as well.

Upgrading your FTTP product is straightforward - just phone PlusNet Customer Options Team  on 0800 013 2632 and speak to them about it. It's an admin change to your account. A new contract will be required but you'll get a Hub2 out of it.

The phone service might cause problems. If it's not used then you can cancel it though you'll lose your phone number in the process. If your number is important to you then look at porting the phone service out to a VOIP provider - co-ordinate with PN to ensure your FTTP product isn't cancelled as part of the process.

Brian

ch13fwiggum

nice one, thanks Brian

unfortunately not quite as easy as the upgrade email made out, but does point in the right direction

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@ch13fwiggum 

As it's a legacy product you might well be able to keep your phone service with PN if you wish. Make sure you speak to PN if you want this option.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

As it's a legacy product you might well be able to keep your phone service with PN if you wish.

I'd be fairly sure that if the account is upgraded to a Full Fibre one, then it will not be possible to retain a phone service.

The legacy trial accounts are basically FTTC accounts as far as the 'system' is concerned. The FTTC service would have been manually ceased and the FTTP one manually provisioned, hence only being able to have 80/20 or 40/10 options.

As @bmc said earlier. if you wish to retain the phone number, then porting to voip whilst still on the trial product, then upgrading to a Full Fibre account is the way to go. Again as Brian says, make sure that the PlusNet Help team are aware of any porting request so that the account stays open.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Hi @ch13fwiggum,

To be honest, it shouldn't really matter whether you upgrade online or over the phone as we'd be taking the same steps.

If you want to port your landline number to another provider, just do it before you place the order to upgrade.

Feel free to post back if you go for it and either me or one of my colleagues will be happy to keep an eye it for you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet