Not applicable

Re: IPv6 Trial - Space for a couple more

[quote=thunderer]Never been a guinea pig before!  Grin
Are you sure ?    Cheesy

SimonHobson
Rising Star

Quote from: thunderer
What settings do I need to adjust in the router & in Windows 7 x64?

It should just be a matter of turning on IPv6 in the router, the rest should be automagic - at least that's the idea  Undecided
The key thing is being able to determine if it's working (and feed back to Plusnet that Router X with Firmware Y "works"), and work out what the problem is if you see strange issues. For example, if your browser defaults to IPv6 first, and you access an IPv6 enabled site, then it should "just work". If there's a problem anywhere down the route then you'd see a delay while the IPv6 connection times out and the browser tries IPv4. Of course, you could get such delays with IPv4 only - so it's not always easy to figure out whether it's IPv6 or something else at fault.
thunderer
Grafter

Hi.
There's a settings box in there marked "Internet Access Mode".
In the drop down menu it has: Offline - PPP - TSPC - AICCU - DHCPv6 Client - Static IPv6.
What do I select?  Huh
TIA.
turkystuffing

Hi,
I've just got fibre installed and have updated my firmware to the IPv6 version, I'm fairly sure all my computers will support IPv6, all running Linux.
Can I play please?  Grin
mzunny
Dabbler

Hi,
I will be connected 6/02/2012 by FTTP and have updated my firmware to the IPv6 version (Netgear N150). All hardware support IPv6
Can I Ask for IPv6 Trial ?
Marzena
richandsian
Grafter

I too would appreciate being able to take part in the IPv6 trial.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'm also happy to give it a go, I can currently connect OK on a 6 to 4 tunnel but would be happy to try native IPV6 (both options available on my router).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Russellhouseman

Quote from: reddev87
I wouldn't mind a go on v6 if there are any logins going spare.
The WNR1000v3 that PN supplied with my FTTC has recently had a firmware update which now includes v6 support, so I'm sure some feedback on whether it actually works or not would come in handy, since I'm sure you've sent a lot of them out. Tongue

Hi i was wondering where this update was i have had a look on the netgear site and cant seem to see it for that model which version of the firmware its it that they added ipv6 on
Thanks
Russell
mxs
Grafter

The firmware with the ipv6 update for the wnr1000v3 seems to have been pulled (it was located here but that link is now broken - the firmware file is still on their site but I will avoid linking it here since it is most likely gone for a reason).
Latest version now reported by the router update check is V1.0.2.28 (ipv6 one was v1.0.2.42) - assume they have pulled it due to the stability problems.  I never managed to get the ipv6 support working on dual stack anyway so you are probably not missing much (6to4 tunnel support worked reportedly though).
PS. The routers issued by plusnet post FTTC trial run a tweaked version of the firmware for which there was never an update available - if you are running one of those it is probably better to wait for an update to that rather than risk flashing the stock firmware.
sxa

Quote from: reddev87
I have successfully got the WNR1000 working with a 6to4 tunnel from hurricane electric, it's not native v6, but at least 6to4 works.
No crashes, or any issues whatsoever, it seems to handle 6to4 traffic fine, all v6 sites are loading fine.

I'm huessing that was with the .42 update? I'm using the original router+firmware supplied with the FTTC trial and had trouble with it, and at first went to ask Netgear if they had blocked the encapsulation (and they clearly weren't clued up enough to be able to answer the question - See http://goo.gl/A6i4U for the transcripts. Anyone successfully used a tunnel from HE or another supplier successfully with firmware prior to the one officially supporting IPv6 natively?
Would be great to have IPv6 support on my connections one way or another ...  Cheesy
acarneiro
Grafter

I am currently on the FFTC product, using my Time Capsule as a PPPoE client.
I would liek to be part of the IPv6 trial, as I believe teh Time Capsule is IPv6-enabled.
Many thanks
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi guys,
I'm not sure if there are any places spare, but I'll ask Dave on Monday.
Jojo Smiley
gordonwebb

Hi Dave
I am a long time user of plusnet with 2 seperate accounts. I am interested in IPV6 and am about to buy a new router which will work with IPV6.  Do you have any spare accounts for future trials of IPV6? Also I like Draytek as a router manufactirer - will one of their IPV6 routers work with your trials?
Thanks
Gordon Webb
gordonwebb

Dave, Any news on this? Also the only IPv6 Draytek router that does not have WiFi is the 2850 and I think I will buy this one - any comment?
Regards Gordon Webb
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gordonwebb,
The router will be fine. I've sent you a PM with IPv6 log in details.
Jojo Smiley