cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account cancelled but no confirmation from Plusnet

FIXED
Feelintheheat

Account cancelled but no confirmation from Plusnet

Hello. I cancelled my contract to move to Virgin and received a confirmation email stating the cancellation would take place on 14 June, and that is what has happened.

I was kind of expecting to have confirmation on this date but in billing and payments it still shows the next bill will be sent on 13 July (previous 13 June and as out of contract considerably more than I was paying)

Anything I need to be concerned about? they are aware that I have cancelled and won't be hit with another bill in July.

I know I could simply phone but in this heat and people replacing the roof I can't face trying to explain the problem.

Any help greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Re: Account cancelled but no confirmation from Plusnet

Hi @Feelintheheat 

A warm (!) welcome to the forums.

The next billing date is just that, the next time that a bill is scheduled to be raised.  That does not not mean that it will be raised.

When an account is closed, the final bill is usually issued within 21 days of closure, so that should be before the next scheduled billing date in this case.

Where the account closure is close to the normal billing date, then there is a strong chance that the next period will be charged in advance.  That is to cater for the possibility of the date of service migration slipping.  Any refund due is typically paid within 10 days of the final bill.

DO NOT cancel your payment method as that will delay a refund if it is due.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Feelintheheat

Thanks for the reply.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Fix

Hi @Feelintheheat 

I have had a look for you and, from what I can see, things seem to have got a little stuck in our systems in this case. I have resubmitted the cancellation and your final bill should be produced within 21 days.

Let me know if there are any further issues. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Feelintheheat

Thanks @Gandalf

I've just logged into my account and it now shows that my account is closing down.

Thanks again.