cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error has occurred...you cannot make any changes...

FIXED
Johnny10G

An error has occurred...you cannot make any changes...

Wondered if anyone can help?

I joined Plusnet recently, opting to have voicemail switched off during the initial setup process.  I already have it built into my landline phone (with flashing LED, number of messages, etc., so it's just more obvious than Plusnet voicemail).

After a few weeks, I realised Plusnet voicemail was actually active (it had a bunch of recorded voicemails), but the web control panel showed it as inactive.  I figured I could just toggle the setting for voicemail on my account to get it back in sync - my plan was to switch it on, wait a day or two, then switch it off.

However, ever since I switched it on, I get the following error when I log on:

"An error has occurred - You cannot make any changes to your account while there is a phone order in progress."

After a few days of hoping it would reset itself, I phoned Plusnet, got bounced around a few different departments, eventually got chatting to someone who said he'd sort it out, but it might take a week.  It's now a week, and the error hasn't cleared.

What makes it even more frustrating is I want to upgrade my call plan, but can't due to the error.  

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Re: An error has occurred...you cannot make any changes...

Hi @Johnny10G 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble resolving an issue with your account.

I'm looking into this and should have it fixed within a few hours.

(edit)

The call features should be sorted, so you can change your call plan. Shout up if you have any further issues. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Johnny10G

Many thanks for the prompt response and fix, Gandalf.  The control panel was freed up and allowed me to upgrade my call plan.

However...new problem...I upgraded from evening/weekend calls to unlimited, and the cost was confirmed on screen as an extra £5 a month or so.  But then I received a confirmation e-mail which has also added an additional £23 to my next monthly bill - this is around the amount of discount I'd originally signed up for.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Fix

The price in that automated email doesn't include any discounts, so I'd ignore it. All that'll change is the call plan. Let me know if there are any further issues though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Johnny10G

Hi Gandalf - okay, thanks again, really appreciate the quick responses.