cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill unexpected increase

andy19791
Grafter

Bill unexpected increase

Why has my bill increased, should be paying £27.15 but new bill is £29.44 my contract doesn't end till July 4th? Was looking at renewing but if there are hidden charges I will look elsewhere!
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: Bill unexpected increase

@andy19791 Have you checked the invoice breakdown on page 2?

John
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@andy19791 as @jab1 says page 2 of your bill should explain things. I suspect that as your contract ends on 4 July you are being billed for the period up until then at in-contract rates and for any period after 4 July at out of contract rates. Remember that you are billed in advance except for the cost of any phone calls not included in call plans.

andy19791
Grafter

I have but it doesn't really make sense the prices have changed from previous bills and there are two charges for broadband and two charges for line rental which don't match up to previous bills, I would imagine I would be paying the same till my contract ends apart from the usual increase in April.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

@andy19791 Can you post screen shots of page 2 the invoice in question and the previous one, for comparison?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

and there are two charges for broadband and two charges for line rental which don't match up to previous bills

as @jgb explained above, thats exactly what is expected.

For instance If your billing date is the 7th of the month and your contract ends on 4th July, then you will have charges for the 7th June to 3rd July at the current contract rate and then charges for 4th July to 6th July at the out of contract (non discounted) rate

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

andy19791
Grafter

Thanks for replying I understand now with the few days out of contact, getting charged a bit extra, really should have renewed my contract earlier but no bother renewed and upgraded now for a reasonable price thanks again.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

and upgraded now 

@andy19791 assuming that you've upgraded to Fibre or Full fibre, are you clear that you lose the landline phone service ?

If you thought the last bill was complcated , wait till you get the next one!!😀 It will have multiple refunds and charges...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

andy19791
Grafter

I have upgraded to fiber and know I will lose my phone line which is fine, and your right the bills seem a little confusing with the breakdowns but I haven't had to much trouble in the past, I think with leaving the renewal till last minute this time round has just caught me off guard with the out of contract charges, will remember in the future to not leave it to late.