Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Problem

chrisgllovell
Dabbler

Billing Problem

Hey all,

I'm messaging with a problem kinda of my own making, kinda not.

I've had a bad few months just personally, with an accident in which my wife and child passed away and I have to say Plusnet were fantastic when i was unable to pay on time a few months ago during this time, so I do appreciate them for that.

Currently I'm on day 16 after my billing date so my service is restricted.
I rang up collections and explained due to an issue with my work payroll rather than me being paid yesterday (Friday) my pay has been delayed until Monday. I explained this to plusnet who understood but said there was nothing at all they could do until monday when I've paid my bill.

I do understand this totally but because I WFH I am left today and tomorrow where I can't work and am losing money.

Is there anything anyone can do or help with as I'm happy to give all my details and set up a payment for Monday, it's not an issue.
But Currently I'm left with no Internet and no understanding with the 2 agents I spoke to.

I understand there are things they can't and cannot do but I refuse to believe there is no one who could authorise an extension of 2 days until Monday.

I'm not angry an PN or the staff at all, they were lovely and apologetic when I spoke to them, absolutely lovely! But if someone could help or do something so I'm not losing money and also being disciplined at work for being unable to work today and tomorrow ì would really appreciate this.
10 REPLIES 10
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: Billing Problem

I appreciate you have problems, for which I am sorry -  but are you saying you work 7 days a week?

John
chrisgllovell
Dabbler

Hi,

Not sure what relevance how many days a week I work has on the issue.

But I work shift work, so some weeks I will work Monday - Friday, other weeks I'll have days off during the week and work a weekend day or an entire weekend.

jab1
Legend

My apologies.You didn't say you worked 7 days a week, you said you couldn't work today/tomorrow.

I'm not new to the world - might have been in it longer than you. 😉

If you can't work today/tomorrow, is it not possible to ask your employers to rearrange your shift pattern to exclude this weekend - I obviously don't know, but most employers would do what they could in your situation - surely?

John
chrisgllovell
Dabbler

Apologies my first reply was a bit sarcastic 😅

Oh I completely understand your suggestion. Generally they would do, but not if it's a last minute request or change.

Just with a skeleton staff at weekends if you're scheduled in and can't make it, then it's viewed worse than if unavailable during the week.

My employer is generally fine if you make a request 2 weeks or so before you need a shift change/day off.

Again, no issue with PN here, it's an issue caused by me/payroll issues 🙈
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

@chrisgllovell 

Sorry to hear of your problems. The problem is that there are very few visits by members of the Plusnet Help Team to this forum at the weekends and I doubt that staff who have the authority or the necessary tools to re-enable your connection will be available before Monday anyway. .

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

OK - I'll shut up. 😀

John
chrisgllovell
Dabbler

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, no I understand this too. I work in customer care myself 😅 were the same, most managers are off weekends and it's just us agents generally for any customers who need to contact us.

One issue im having is when I call the general Plusnet number it's telling me they can't locate my number associated with and account so I can't actually get through to customer services.

I've logged into my online account to check/change the mobile number on file but because I'm in collections the website says 'cannot access while service is restricted, redirecting' so I can't even change my number to enable me to speak to customer services.

That part is frustrating!
Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@chrisgllovell 

Do you have a mobile phone, and what is the signal like for you at home?

Would setting your phone up as a WiFi HotSpot enable you to work and get you through the weekend?

chrisgllovell
Dabbler

Heya man, I do have a mobile indeed. Sadly as its 3 days before renewal of my allowances on my phone I've little data left, less than 500mb so my work systems would use that up in less than an hour unfortunately.

It's somewhat ironic as I work for one of the UK major mobile service providers 😅
Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@chrisgllovell 

What happens if you exceed your allowance, does your mobile stop working or do you get charged a higher rate for out of contract data?

Is it possible to buy a "data boost" for your mobile? (Accepting that the financial issues that partly caused this problem may also prevent this).

Final thought:

Does your PC detect the presence of any neighbour's WiFi? If so, are you on friendly terms with them? I'm just wondering if you explained your predicament to them, they might let you "borrow" their WiFi for a couple of days?