Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling mid-contract

FIXED
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Cancelling mid-contract

My mother-in-law has 9-10 months remaining on her contract. She has had to move into a residential home. Nobody will be living at her house, which will be cleared and put up for sale to fund her home costs. If she cancels, will she be have to pay cancellation charges or would Plusnet be open to a request to waive the charges? Does anyone have any similar experience that they could pass on?

Responses much appreciated.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
5 REPLIES 5
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Cancelling mid-contract

Technically there would be a cancellation charge but I'm sure Plusnet would look sympathetically at your case. I suggest you give them a ring, have your mother's details handy. My sympathies, it's a sad situation for you both.

Mike

Mav
Fixes: 517

@maranello I have escalated this and, hopefully, a member of staff will reply soon.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Hi @maranello, Sorry to see this and I know from personal experiences that it's not an easy change in life to deal with for all involved. In that circumstance any exit fees would still apply but do let us know if any support is needed with that side of it. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@adamwalker 

This is a quite disappointing response. My mother-in-law has been exclusively a Plusnet customer since she first had broadband in 2009. In that period she has had minimal use, never been a frequent or high data download user. She has only ever had two routers from you in that time. I was expecting a more considerate response, particularly as she is cancelling to go into a residential home due to becoming blind (registered sight impaired). I fail to understand what costs there would be to Plusnet that would need to be recovered by this charge. I understand the need for applying such charges to discourage customers from jumping ship to a cheaper provider, but this is not the reason for cancelling the contract. 

Is there any scope for waiving the charges given her circumstances or is it more likely that Plusnet will rigidly apply the T&Cs?

My other car isn't a Ferrari
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Fix

Hi Maranello, cheers for taking my call just now. 

Just to summarize what we talked about, moving into a residential home isn't a reason we would waive exit fees for, this is because it can often be a lifestyle choice and doesn't always point towards a vulnerability. 

Thanks for outlining that your mother in law is registered sight impaired, for that reason we can definitely waive the termination fees. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team