Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from business account to residential account

FIXED
Dippy
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Changing from business account to residential account

I need to migrate from my PlusNet business account and now that I have made alternative arrangements for the services I am prepared to accept a PlusNet residential account if the price is competitive because it would be the least disruption.

But the problem I have is that I can't talk to anyone at PlusNet to discuss this. I really can't afford to wait for the time it takes for someone to answer the phone.

Is it possible that a PlusNet employee who reads this could continue this discussion with me over email or a ticket?

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Re: Changing from business account to residential account

Fix

Contact Customer Options Team (aka COTS)

COTs is the place to go to if you want to find out anything to do with your contract in respect of leaving, renewing or simply enquiring about early termination charges (ETCs). They have their own number and tend to answer quicker than the general customer service number.

Direct dial numbers

• 0800 013 2632 or 0800 079 1133(from within the UK)
  • +44 330 123 9197 (from abroad)
  • Available...
    • 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
    • 9am - 7pm Saturday
    • 9am - 6pm Sunday

... and the general support phone answering is currently fairly slick.  Calls several times in the last two months and no call took longer than 30 seconds to be answered.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dippy
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thank you @Townman 

Your advice was spot-on. My call was quickly answered by Catherine who was extremely helpful and has arranged for the migration.

Assuming all goes well I shall be saving money on my contract and have separated my business services (DNS, e-mail etc) from the broadband provider which I now know is not only a good idea but probably essential for the future.

What is a shame is that Plusnet has not handled the cessation of their business services very well at all. Considering that Plusnet is owned by BT this does not reflect well on BT. I just hope that those who decided to migrate from Plusnet business to BT business do not come to regret it.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

I question the extent to which Plusnet had any choice in this.

I have always found Plusnet's business service to be excellent (across 3 business accounts) and frankly quite inexpensive, which is imperative for small businesses.

My take is that BT want this market segment for themselves and will seek to squeeze the pips out of small businesses.  You are not wrong - BT's behaviour is shabby.  When shoved, my business account will not be heading to BT and overseas customer services.  Thankfully that account has no value-added services (such as email) so changing to Residential (so long as the number can be retained) or a different ISP will not be overly painful - except potentially the cost.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.