cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checky pricing

Appealing8195

Checky pricing

Hello community members, I'd like to know if I am being too picky on this.

I have in the past decade had many different ISP and I have never experienced such a cheeky pricing scheme like here with PlusNet, which is a real shame since their services are good and I am happy with it.

I signed up in November 2022 for a Full Fibre 145 at the introductory rate of £26.99 for 24 months, only to be told 1 month later in December, that my price will now be £32 due to inflation and rising costs. After a year of paying the increased price I can still see the £26.99 offered online, so it got me thinking, why? is this a really a bad marketing strategy?

I called PlusNet support today and the rep told me the same inflation story, that is total nonsense, inflation goes up, that means my price goes up, but so does the price of any other customer including new ones. It's quite appalling to be signing up for a price that cannot be guaranteed (even after 1 month!) and I will be shopping around again at the end of this contract.

I asked to at least bump me to FullFibre 500 since this is the price I am paying for anyway. The rep confirmed they can start a new contract but then it will likely increase to £35.

I am aware price changes, but not after 1 single month. This is ridiculous.

Any suggestions? This got me so bitter I will report it everywhere I can!

P

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Checky pricing

Moderator's note:
Topic moved from My Order to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Hiya @Appealing8195 

I'm really sorry for the confusion over billing and our price increases. I want to look into this just to make sure we give you the right information, I will DM you to request your username now.  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Appealing8195   where have you been for the past 5 years or so?

OSP's and most mobile providers have had the inflation + 3.9% applied in Feb/March every year for some time now.

Have you not bothered to read what you sign up for, or even noticed the complaints every year it is applied again from all those also not reading what they sign up for.

Tigger17
Grafter

The Ops talking Broadband and Feb/March price increases is not 1 month after November

Appealing8195

I don't have an issue with inflation, I have an issue with paying the advertised price (that lured me into signing up) for just a month or so to then be bumped to a new price for 99% of my new contract, regardless on what rights it says on the tin, it is just bad practice, i wouldnt have raised a point if it was 6/8 months down the line.

I had Virgin, Sky and Hyperoptic in the past 5 years and I have never had to experience such a short time increase. Clearly I have been living under a rock!

Inflation only makes sense if the base rate increases, which it does not, since the introductory offers are clearly stagnated to the same prices to when i signed up, companies are just making money out of thin air due to a small print on a contract we all had to agree on.

It's just a shame cause I have no issues with plusnet at all, just paying 500mb price for 145mb.