cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused over contract renewal price

ajt1
Dabbler

Confused over contract renewal price

I renewed my Broadband & Phone contract on 22/10/23 with a special offer of 12 months of Unlimited Fibre inc. line rental for £27.99 per month.. At the same time I did not keep the Unlimited UK & Mobile call plan I previously had so total cost for the month would be £27.99.

Today I added the Unlimited UK & Mobile call plan back on for £11.76. So total monthly cost should be £39.75. So why does the renewal email say the monthly cost will be £21.23 for Unlimited Fibre, £26.53 for line rental and £11.76 for Unlimited UK & Mobile calls and my total monthly bill will be £59.52? Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
bluefish2303
Dabbler

Re: Confused over contract renewal price

I came here to post almost exactly the same thing (but without the mobile part). My renewal for 40/10 FTTC with phone line and no calls is either £29.99 (more than I'm paying now!) OR £23.99 which may or may not be a current deal but can be displayed consistently on the website. I'm afraid to hit the Renew contract button, especially having now read what's happened to you. Will I end up with something completely different? There was a third deal for £26.99 which didn't include a phone line (it would appear I'm going to lose eventually anyway as PN don't do Digital Voice) but a slightly better download speed (a corollary of not having a phone line I guess?) but this seems to have disappeared without trace. Can anyone here clarify?
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

Hi @ajt1 normally the automation kicks out a confirmation email, however, this doesn't include the discounts that will be already on your account. 

It's nothing to worry about.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 517

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from My Order to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

ajt1
Dabbler

Thanks, I hope so. However the Unlimited UK & Mobile call plan has still not become active despite the initial email saying it would start on 6th November. I have now had 3 emails to say that I am approaching my Home Phone credit threshold when the new call plan should now be active. When I log in to Plusnet I still have the message "You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress" at the top of the page. Can the call package be activated please, and can I get a credit on my account for the phone charges incurred since 6th November?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 493

Hi @ajt1 

I'm sorry to hear this has happened. I'm not sure why you've had e-mails stating it would go through on that day as these changes normally take effect on your next bill date rather than in a couple of days.

I've asked a colleague to see if there's anyway we can get this put through for you sooner

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bluefish2303
Dabbler

That doesn't make sense re: the next billing date, especially as contracts can start mid way through a billing month. I hope the OP doesn't accept this as a reasonable answer.
ajt1
Dabbler

Thanks. I was certain I read somewhere (possibly on the order page?) that call plans could start at any time in the monthly billing cycle just as bluefish2303 has said. And strange how I received a confirmation of package change email to say it would take effect the next day?

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

Afternoon @ajt1 and sorry it's taken a couple of days to get back to you. 

You'll probably think we are being awkward and that we are incompetent and whilst it is extremely infuriating, the billing system doesn't actually allow for us to do it within the billing period and it has to be on the next billing date. It is designed to do it that way, so we don't have to mess around with the amount you are owed, as the bills can be confusing enough sometimes as it is without adding extra items to the invoice.

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team