cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract has ended

Bpwmemmott

Contract has ended

Hi

Last month my contract for phone and broadband ended. I decided to sign up for full fibre which was supposed to be put in last Friday. As it happens they were unable to complete the installation for various reasons. I had an email this morning that I was due to be billed £61 for this month's. Obviously this is obscene and as a long term customer I would expect some leeway especially as I would be under a new contract of they'd been able to complete the installation.

Please advise
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Re: Contract has ended

and as a long term customer I would expect some leeway

Quite reasonable, unfortunately automated systems don't understand 'leeway'. Since your new contract is delayed, the system just automatically reverts to your old 'out of contract' price.

Don't worry though, I'm sure one of the Plusnet Help team staff will be along and apply some 'corrections' until your FTTP is installed. It might not be in time to correct the latest bill though...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 17

@MisterW wrote:

and as a long term customer I would expect some leeway

Quite reasonable, unfortunately automated systems don't understand 'leeway'. Since your new contract is delayed, the system just automatically reverts to your old 'out of contract' price.

I wonder whether if the OC asked to cancel his order Plusnet would charge ETCs for the whole contract? If so, that would imply that he is in fact "in contract" and therefore should not be charged "out-of-contract" prices.

Bpwmemmott

I hope so. I don't fancy paying 60 a month till the fibre is installed ( whenever that is)!

Thanks
Bpwmemmott

I'd really appreciate a staff member looking at this. I am in absolute limbo right now.
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

Hey @Bpwmemmott, I've taken a look at your account and I've popped a ticket on there. As I needed to talk about account-sensitive information, which I'm not able to do on this platform. You can view the ticket here 

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=234264390. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team