Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract with landline phone

pvmb
Pro
Fixes: 3

Contract with landline phone

This has probably been asked previously somewhere...

If I renew my Plusnet contract (landline phone and FTTC) now for 18 months what happens, price wise, if the Plusnet landline service is withdrawn before the end of the new contract?

4 REPLIES 4
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Contract with landline phone

@pvmb 

Price wise, probably not much. You'd be transferred onto a SOGEA connection, possibly with a new contract.

If your phone matters you should be looking at VOIP providers now so you're in a position to move when the time comes.

Brian

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

@pvmb 

Unlikely as it's 21 months before PSTN is programmed for shut down. If it did happen then Plusnet would be unable to fulfil their contract to you, so would be obliged to release you without any cancellation charges.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Sleepboot
Grafter
Fixes: 2

I suspect that you are going through the same thought process that I did. On the basis that we also have an anytime call package I have decided that Zen Broadband offers me the best deal and easily resolves my whole problem for as far forward as I can see.

See the thread here:

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Renewing-FTTC-contract-WITH-Telephone/td-p/1960073

pvmb
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Sleepboot wrote:

I suspect that you are going through the same thought process that I did. On the basis that we also have an anytime call package I have decided that Zen Broadband offers me the best deal and easily resolves my whole problem for as far forward as I can see.

I pretty well never use my landline to make calls these days. Unless it is a Freephone number. 😉 In which case it is now also free on the mobile...

A friend of mine still phones me on the landline, when they don't get through on the mobile. I am probably just going to let the landline go when its time comes. Only issue being that I have, in recent years, had recurring problems with the base station my mobile uses when at home.