Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copper line switch off?

FIXED
Airport
Dabbler

Copper line switch off?

I transferred from Fibre Extra with a phone line to Full Fibre. This happened this Wednesday 29th May. Everything went fine and the full fibre is working great. However, I was just wondering how long after the installation it takes before the old copper landline gets disconnected as at the moment I still have a dialing tone on my old copper line and I do not wish to be charged for something I am no longer supposed to have.

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: Copper line switch off?

@Airport You don't get 'charged' for the copper line once you have got FTTP working - you pay just the price you agreed for the new service.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Fukk Fibre to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

However, I was just wondering how long after the installation it takes before the old copper landline gets disconnected as at the moment I still have a dialing tone

Its highly likely that the line will not be physically disconnected for some time but the phone service will have been ceased. You may still get a dial tone from some time but as @jab1 says you will only be charged for the Full fibre service

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HPsauce
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Fix

@Airport the old line may well have dial tone for ages, have you tried calling 17070 on it to see what number is now assigned?

I had a landline totally ceased in February after a totally new separate "Fibre" line (SOGEA) was installed and my old landline number transferred to VOIP. It still has dial tone and has a totally different number allocated, though you can't actually call to or from it other than the 17070 test call.