Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount suddenly removed

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Re: Discount suddenly removed

The SU discussion is not concluded. I’ve seen the FAQ on service product rationalisation and the guidance in the initial reply. Did you receive any supplementary information which suggested that the transitional price adjustment was for JUST 12 months?

The FAQ does clearly state that the price would rise by the CPI + 3.9% standard increase. The increase reported here seems to not be that, but simply a removal of the price match adjustment.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

paul4
Dabbler

@Townman No, definitely none of the correspondence from PN mentions the discount being for only 12 months. In fact as I mentioned in message 12 none of the PN emails mention the cost at all or a discount being applied.

I quite understand about the CPI+3.9% increase in March and that was indeed applied.

Just to reiterate, from the point at which the change took place up until my last but one bill, the cost breakdown of my bill itemised a "Discount". The sudden jump in price is purely due to the discount disappearing.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@paul4 thank you for the update - I have raised another query on the discussion ...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

paul4
Dabbler

For anyone following this thread this is a link to the FAQ @Townman mentioned.

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/changes-to-our-packages/ 

Main points to note:

1st paragraph Why are you updating broadband and call plan packages ..... We’re making this easy and straightforward for you, so we’ll automatically move you to an equivalent Plusnet package. It’s all good news, as you’ll be upgraded at no extra cost.

8th paragraph Will the price of my package change after 12 months .... All our packages are subject to annual Consumer Price Index rate of inflation increases plus 3.9%. See our CPI Plus 3.9% Guide. (No mention of a change to the basic price.)

Judging by the long list of packages being upgraded (paragraph 3) I'd have thought quite a few people may suddenly find their bill much higher this month.

Surely something that needs an "official" PN investigation and response.

ollie72
Hooked

The complaint ticket that I raised (244200974, handled by Carl) has resulted in the following:

• a statement that the price matching offer should only have been for a limited time (i.e. a year);
  • an apology that the original email of Sept 2023 wasn't clear about that;
  • an offer of credit against the increase on my most recent bill, plus a reinstatement of the discount for a further year.

I've decided to accept that offer.  So, this time next year I'll need to decide whether to switch to a contract, continue on the un-discounted rate, or move the service to another provider.

Ollie

paul4
Dabbler

Thanks Ollie for the update. At least that's something. In fact it's what I tried to get when I spoke to the chap at COTs but he wasn't having it.

I guess I'll have to raise my own ticket to see if I can get the same "deal".

I assume it's OK to quote your ticket number in support of my complaint?

Paul

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@paul4 

I have flagged the above response to the SU internal discussion thread on this matter to ask how this will be managed for all who are impacted by this.

paul4
Dabbler

@Townman 

Do you suggest I wait then or raise my own ticket?

Paul

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I would wait 24 hours. The right people are looking over matters

ollie72
Hooked

@paul4 Happy for you to quote my ticket number if you do end up raising your own ticket.

Ollie

redsox9
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Check your bill

I thought the sudden 36 percent increase in my bill had been sorted out after calling Plusnet and receiving this email from CSC Analyst No. 1 on Oct 7: "Following our conversation I can confirm to you that the discount on the account was missing that is why you have been charged a higher amount. But I can confirm to you that I have now amended the discount for you so that moving forward you are billed at the correct price of £15.72 and I have also applied a credit for the over charge so that it comes off your next bill."
This Service Notification (SN) appeared on my account on Oct 7: "Amended. Your offer details are below: Unlimited NoContract no Phone M2/3 (Subscription) discount (12 months) - £5.74"
On 16 Oct CSC Analyst No.2 wrote: "Greetings from Plusnet. We do apologise for the issues with your bill. I can confirm correct discounts have now been applied. The £5.76 has also been applied and this will be credited on your next bill. I have arranged to monitor account for the credit to be approved by our billing team."
Today Oct 17 CSC Analyst No. 3 wrote: " Removed discounts as account is out of contract and the previous discounts as per SN624373674 were only for 12 months."
I looked up SN624373674 dated 20 Sep 2023 which said: "This customer has received an email communication on 19/09/2023, letting them know of the changes to their Broadband package from a legacy broadband product to a newer one. The communication explains what this change means for them and how it won't affect their service or price."
Can someone tell me what's going on? I have heard from three different CSC analysts but I am still confused. I never received the email allegedly sent on 20 Sep 2023. I only learned about the 12-month limit on Oct 7, 2024.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

This is another example of the group legacy product migration to a current product for the same price programme undertaken in October 2023. There are questions around how clearly (if at all) users were advised that the price match discounts were limited to 12 months.

There is already a SU discussion being progressed on the subject. I have asked the mods to consider merging the threads.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Moderator's note:
Threads merged.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

redsox9
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have now found the Plusnet email dated 7 Oct 2023 saying "Broadband product change is now complete" and describing the product as "Unlimited (No Contract without Phone)".
I also found the 20 Sept 2023 email which said:"We're just getting in touch to remind you that you're not currently in a minimum term contract for your broadband (Plusnet Unlimited Broadband). This means you're currently paying the out of contract price of £14.57 per month."
They do not mention a 12-month discount. The images are attached.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Out of curiosity which legacy products were the three of you on?

One consideration raised by one of the forum moderators (i.e. not Plusnet staff) into the discussion is the possibility of the migrated legacy products being broadband only, with your POTS service being provided by a third party.  12 months ago, PlusNet did not have any broadband only service offerings ... so if any of you were on a broadband only legacy service ... what happened to your POTS service 12 months ago on migration to current products?