cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does PlusNet operate a "loyalty penalty" pricing policy?

FIXED
Batfrog
Aspiring Pro

Re: Does PlusNet operate a "loyalty penalty" pricing policy?

I recently renewed my Plusnet contract even though the old one hadn’t expired which overall gave me a small monthly saving. During the conversation I was convinced we were talking at cross purposes, nonetheless they offered me my existing 80/20 but now on FTTP instead of FTTC for the equivalent of £23.45pcm when the £75 gift card was taken into account.

Incidentally the gift card in the form of a Mastercard Debit Card does seem to have some restrictions despite what I (think) I was told. I tried to use it to pay my credit card and a one-off payment to my power company – both were declined.

As for some of the stupid higher price offers I think it’s a case of  ‘if they will pay let then!’

As for the future of Plusnet I’m convinced Plusnet users will wake up one morning to find they’ve become BT Customers most probably on the same terms until renewal time and then watchout for a financial shock! My guess is it will be later this year when BT are rumoured to ditching the 3.9%+ RPI price increases.

Long live the bean counters.

greygit1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The PureCard T&C's

https://legal.purecard.com/terms?cctid=1cbVf6CIYMjdW50315cbVf6CIYMjd

(Not that I've received my offered card - yet.)

The T&Cs only get delivered after the offer is accepted.

Stoker
Rising Star

@Boxersoft That's like-for-like 12-months renewal (up to 80mbps, with phone line). 18 months is £27.25 and 24 months £29.49.

Without phone is £26.99 for 24 months.

All are less than I'm currently paying! I guess we're looking at an 8-10% increase next month.

teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Until I found. today, that my sister , who took out the same Fibre Extra with calls 24  month package , two months later than mine (Hers June and mine effectively April, after the to be expected hiccup) is paying only what I paid in 2022 (£26.34?), while I pay £30.23, I was already confused by offers with down up down up on the price and 24 month contracts more expensive than 18 and 12, of  which the former were logically priced lower than 12month contracts.

Boxersoft
Rising Star

Are you and your sister both served by the same exchange? Prices are not the same nationwide.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

They are, and have been for quite a while.

John
Boxersoft
Rising Star

Apologies then, when did that change and was if forced by OFCOM or something? I live out in the sticks and have always accepted that we paid considerably more than those in cities and other densely-populated areas.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

I don't honestly know, but the question arose in another topic and @willcutforth stated that the A and B exchange classifications were changed some time ago - I can no longer check as I am not a PN customer, but ISTR that it must have been at least 3/4 years ago because my last renewal with them did not mention the classification, which my previous ones did.

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

This acritical on Kitz may help to explain

https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/broadband_access_market.htm 

I do not think these rule are followed anymore.

Dan

teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Yes we are on the same exchange.