Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending contract early, moving abroad.

david76
Hooked

Ending contract early, moving abroad.

Hi,

I will be moving abroad for a period of 12-18 months so I need to look into ending my broadband contract early.

I will of course pay the relevant fees. My question is, if I pay the relevant fees, will it leave a blemish on my credit rating?

I have been happy with the service and will most likely come back to Plusnet after my work abroad.

I believe my contract currently ends around feb next year? There is no indication on my account page as to what I need to pay

to end early.

Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Re: Ending contract early, moving abroad.

Hi there,

I’d recommend calling our cancellations/customer options team on 0800 013 2632. They’re open until 6pm today and back at 8am tomorrow. 

They’ll be able to advise on the exact cancellation cost and once your account has been cancelled, we’ll generate your final bill within 21 days.

If you have an active payment method (card, direct debit etc) we’ll take the money automatically from this, if not we’ll let you know the payment’s failed and you’ll then be able to pay this manually by card at http://www.plus.net/pay or calling us on 0800 432 0200.

Your credit rating won’t be affected by this.

To get an idea of what you’d have to pay you’ll be able to work out the cancellation fees from Here.

I hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet