Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP and releasing landline number to the BT pool

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: FTTP and releasing landline number to the BT pool

So if what you're saying is right, I am paying £1.50 per month just to have an account? That doesn't seem right. I'll have to get some confirmation tomorrow to see what the right answer is. I'm quite happy to give up the landline at this rate, familt will just have to learn to ring the mobile numbers.

Mark

TooManyPies
Grafter

Have you tried to log into your account dashboard to see if that shines any light on the situation?. The definition of the Flex account is somewhat vague. I suspect the basic package for a single user is the provision of the 056 number.

Keep us informed as I'm looking to transfer another landline number to VOIP.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

So, from the horses mouth so to speak:

You have signed up to Voipfone Flex as a Zero User.

The Voipfone Flex does not include any phone numbers or any minutes.

The Number you are Porting In, will cost £3.00 plus VAT every 30 days. You will need to add Calling Credit here: https://my.voipfone.co.uk/#!/package-builder/topup/5 in order to make outbound calls.

Your charges will be £3.60 inc VAT every 30 days for the telephone Number. The Calling Credit will automatically top up when it falls below a default Trigger Level of £2.00 so this could be a week, a month, six months etc, depending upon how many outbound calls you make.

So not quite the £1.50pm I was expecting, but not the £4.50pm. Somewhere in the middle, i',m relatively happy with that while the market stabilises a bit.

Mark

TooManyPies
Grafter

Thank you for the update. I pay an additional £1.50 per month for an extension because I want to receive calls on my mobile in addition to the VOIP handset at home. Voipfone only permit a single endpoint (user) on the main account whereas A&A suposedly allow multiple endpoints as does Sipgate.

Oliver

machare
Rising Star

@TooManyPies  I pay £3.60 inc VAT per month to Voipfone for a number I ported to them from BT  years ago.  I have a Cisco ATA to which one ired phone and one Dect base station are connected.  I also pay a small amount for calls.

TooManyPies
Grafter

@machare That's exactly what I pay for the main account to which I connect a Gigaset N300A IP DECT system which handles a BT landline, Voipfone and Sipgate VOIP lines. I had to pay extra for an extension to use the Softphone App on my mobile. I will have two more landlines to move to VOIP eventually and I'm undecided whether to stick with Voipfone for them or to try A&A and save a few pennies in the long run.