cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP connection. And future renewal options.

grumble

FTTP connection. And future renewal options.

Brief background.

I've an FTTP connection. I took out a contract with Plusnet at a certain speed (on FTTP). I now think I've overestimated my requirements. Bottom line - I'm paying for capacity I don't require.

Questions.

Will it be possible to haggle with COTs on a downgrade of grade when it comes to contract renewal? (My perception is that historically PN don't like "downgrades").

Are migrations to a new supplier based on the migration being at the same grading of line (i.e downgrade not permitted)? (Not a bridge I have crossed in the past, as FTTP and its provision is not old technology - for the average?)

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 428

Re: FTTP connection. And future renewal options.

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Everything Else to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Baldrick1
Fixes: 428

@grumble 

Whether Plusnet or any other ISP want you to downgrade when you take out a new contract is irrelevant. Of course they will try to persuade you to go for the more expensive options, you just have to say no. The old contract is finished. This is a new start.

You are at liberty to take on a new one with any ISP, including Plusnet at any product speed that is available in their speed range at your ptoperty.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

@grumble - I`m pleased you raised this because it was something I pondered about myself having just re-contracted from FTTC to FTTP with Plusnet going from what I considered a reasonable speed of 38/40mbps up to a guaranteed speed on FTTP of 145mbps. Even though my re-contracted price is slightly lower than what I was paying for the lower speed on FTTC. 

As @Baldrick1 said though, it shouldn`t matter if we decide to downgrade to a lower speed again if current speeds are on the upper limits of what we feel we require for general browsing and everyday use. 

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

@grumble 

You can do what you like at the end of your contract.

Before that however, you would likely have to pay to downgrade. You could phone PlusNet Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 and ask.

Brian