cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final bill - refunded then charged for the refund?

DocSlappy

Final bill - refunded then charged for the refund?

As Plusnet are ending their mobile service (and I don't like EE) I switched to another provider.

I changed part way through the month and received what I assumed was a final bill. It showed a refund for the unused part of the month.

All was good until this month when I got another bill. This included "Additional Charges" with no explanation of what the additional charges were for. However, the additional charges are for exactly the same amount as my refund. In other words, Plusnet has reclaimed my unused month's refund.

Is this normal? How can I get my money back?

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 17

Re: Final bill - refunded then charged for the refund?

The first bill showed a credit for the amount due to be refunded. At that point the refund hasn't been made, but your Plusnet account is shown to be in credit by that amount.

The final bill has a charge for the same amount - that is your account being debited because the refund has now been made to your bank account (so you account has been charged that amount). This reduces your Plusnet account balance to zero.

It is a confusing way to do things (it would be better if the charge was explicitly described as the refund), but it is the Plusnet way.

DocSlappy

Re: Final bill - refunded then charged for the refund?

Thanks, that makes sense (within the world of PlusNet  Smiley )