cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gift Cards

Daviddaviddavid

Gift Cards

I have been promised a gift card as part of my contract renewal.

The process for getting it involves receiving an email from plusnet, and then claiming the card, or so I was told.

On chasing the non arrival of an email to start the process I have been told to contact "Blackhawk" who provide the cards.

Why should I have to do this when my contract is with Plusnet? Why do I have to get involved with Plusnet Subcontractors?

I consider I have fulfilled my side of the contract and I expect plusnet to do the same.

Escalation to 'a manager' is met with a " He'll contact you within 2 working days"

Is everybody else getting their promised gift cards?

3 REPLIES 3
catshill1
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Gift Cards

Yes eventually but it required waiting a few weeks for the email and then the card. 

Daviddaviddavid

My annoyance was being told by plusnet that I would have to chase it up with a third party supplier rather than them 'owning' the problem. So it was using my time and effort not theirs.

I complained and was phoned back by a manager (so waste of both our time). THe essence of this is that they are a 'process driven' organisational not a 'customer focused' one. They wouldn't help.

Curiously I have received the email today.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 17

@Daviddaviddavid wrote:

The essence of this is that they are a 'process driven' organisational not a 'customer focused' one. They wouldn't help.

Businesses with this approach may find in the future they have more processes than customers.