cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going from Full Fibre back to Fibre only, billing query.

MrJoe123

Going from Full Fibre back to Fibre only, billing query.

Hello All.

My current full fibre and calls package is up for renewal at the middle of next month and as Plusnet/BT are doing away with copper/analogue PSTN lines in 2025 we've decided to bite the bullet and broadband only with mobile phones.

I have a couple of billing questions though. I've checked and it seems that local Plusnet customers will be charged £26.99 a month for the Fibre service, whereas new customers can get it for £24.99 a month. So, my question is, can I just stop the service and my wife starts it up in her name? Are there any reconnection charges or fees we would need to know about?

Would there be any possible delays too? 

If that's not possiblility, then onto the second option.

I've had a look around at other providers, and I can get comparable service in my area for £24 a month, from a well known, reputable provider. So if I ring Plusnet, will the advisors on the customer retention team ( yup, we all watch the Martin Lewis show), be able to get close to this £24 price for fibre, as this would certainly sway my decision?

After all, it's all about the finances.

Thanks in advance

Joe 

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Re: Going from Full Fibre back to Fibre only, billing query.

My current full fibre and calls package 

I think you're confusing Full fibre with Unlimited Fibre Extra, and I can understand why. Full fibre (FTTP) from Plusnet has never included a phone service.

So if we assume you're currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra (FTTC) with a landline phone service then

So, my question is, can I just stop the service and my wife starts it up in her name? Are there any reconnection charges or fees we would need to know about?

Would there be any possible delays too? 

Yes, you could but there would be at least 10 days break in service. The existing service would need to be ceased bfore the new order could be placed, there would then be a delay before Openreach could install the new service. Additionally if your local cabinet is full, then you MAY find that there's no capacity for the new order.

So if I ring Plusnet, will the advisors on the customer retention team ( yup, we all watch the Martin Lewis show), be able to get close to this £24 price for fibre, as this would certainly sway my decision?

The only way to find that out is to call COTS 0800 013 2632, select the 'im thinking of leaving'

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MrJoe123

My apologies, as you say, we are currently on Unlimited Fibre with the unlimited calls package, and are looking to go back to just having fibre without calls.

Looks like I'll be giving Plusnet a ring on the number you suggested first thing in the morning and seeing what they say.

Thanks for the help.

Joe

teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

OP, Have you had a number of offers? I'm near the end of 24months of Fibre Extra with calls and have for the last 2 months had several emailed offers,which don't make sense. eg 18 months cheaper than 12 but 24 more expensive than both.I also found, today, that my sister who took her offer 2 months after me is paying only the £26.54 that I was paying before last March's robbery. I fear that I was quoted the post rise price and then had that increased , in 2022, then last year.

I was tempted by LilaConnect, who cabled our road last summer, but yesterday, read several complaints about them (Trustpilot) . However, our son who was an internet tech, thinks they are brilliant and has the 1Gigabite for his family, but 500Mb is only £29.98 on a 24 month fixed price contract.

MrJoe123

Hi Teddysmum

Thanks for the reply. I didn't get many offers at all. Plusnet sent me an email with Fibre for £26.99 a month a few weeks to a month before my renewal date, and that's when I did some research and looked at other providers.

Just as I was going to ring them, which must have been all of 10 days to 2 weeks later, they emailed me again, and reduced the price to £24.99 a month. This was the price I was looking to get, so I did the order online and it's all sorted out now and I'm switched over.

Hope this helps.