cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I leave my Broadband/Phone with plusnet, how long does the mailbox stay active?

monkeylover35
Dabbler

If I leave my Broadband/Phone with plusnet, how long does the mailbox stay active?

Hey Everyone,

I've been with plusnet for a loooooong time now, and sadly BT have been lagging in the rollout of FTTP in a lot of areas (including mine), so I can only get FTTC..which while is adequate, is still slow compared to the FTTP offerings being run by competitors in the area.

We had CityFibre lay 1gb fibre cable around the whole of my town area and its been available for a while, and while I dont want to really switch, its going to be a long wait for BT to get round to it (as they are on a cost saving stint and have been for a few years). So I'm likely to leave PN shortly (as contract is about up anyway) and go with someone like Zen Internet (who do a very reasonable 300mbit FTTP (or higher speeds for more money) now.

So after all that waffle, I just wondered how long the pn mailbox stays active once you leave (so I can get a chance to change all the places on the web I've used it as my contact email for whatever service). If its immediate de-activation..something I'll have to be aware of to change before pulling the plug....

Thanks in advance

J

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: If I leave my Broadband/Phone with plusnet, how long does the mailbox stay active?

@monkeylover35 Once you transfer to another provider and your PN connection is closed, so is your account - including the mail element.

John
monkeylover35
Dabbler

Re: If I leave my Broadband/Phone with plusnet, how long does the mailbox stay active?

Good to know..I kind of was expecting something like that, but worth checking prior to pumping (then realising all those important emails vanishing).

Another job then to remember all the countless sites using the plusnet email!! Oh Joy! hehe

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
seebee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

I left Plusnet for NOW broadband about 5 weeks ago, I can still log into my PN account to view/download bills, but my PN mailbox was deleted on the day my line transferred over. (Including the MX record for "myaccount.plus.com" - so senders get an immediate fail at least)
monkeylover35
Dabbler

Thanks for letting me know your experience. My contract runs out in Jan 24, so I'll start looking about in Nov I think.

Already moved most of my important websites across to my outlook account to avoid issues so the immediate deletion of it shouldnt make problems for me now...either way hope you like the new service!