cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Billing on Final Month of Contract

Lynnpin
Grafter

Incorrect Billing on Final Month of Contract

Firstly my July bill is inexplicably for £27.02 instead of £17.74.  Can you advise the reasoning behind this and correct the figure please?

Secondly, the same thing happened at the end of my last contract.  A deliberate tactic I presume?

10 REPLIES 10
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Incorrect Billing on Final Month of Contract

@Lynnpin  No you probably don't understand how Plusnet deal with the payments at end of contract. You may get charged for a month in advance and it will eventually be refunded when your final bill is raised which is about 3 weeks after your contract ends.

Lynnpin
Grafter

Not very impressive then if that's the case.  I doubt they will refund anyone unless they complain.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 283

It is auto-refunded after your final bill is produced, so leave your DD in place until the advised refund is in your account, then close it.

John
Lynnpin
Grafter

Any chance of a Plusnet response please?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 283

@Lynnpin Both @RealAleMadrid and I have been around long enough to give you a proper answer, and as I've left PN, I can assure you that is how it works.

John
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Lynnpin, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the delay in getting to your post and for the concern caused with your Billing. 

I've taken a look into this for you and provided a more detailed response of what's happened on a ticket here for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=225864353 Please let me know if you have any further queries at all. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Lynnpin
Grafter

Hello again Lauren,

Thank you for initiating the support ticket for the refund.  However, although the "Charges Broken Down" section of my latest bill shows that the £9.28 overcharge has been deducted, it has also been added again at the bottom thus cancelling out the refund.

By my reckoning the payment should be £7.97 not £17.25.  Can you please advise?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Hi there,

The refund's been balanced out on the bill as it's a refund not a credit so you'd have received that in your bank account. 

Can you confirm if you've received it? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lynnpin
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf,

Thank you very much for your help.  I was expecting a credit on my account rather than a refund so I have checked my bank account now and I can see that it has been received.

Thanks again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Cool. No problem, let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet