cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just signed up for 24 months...

ultrasbm

Just signed up for 24 months...

...and of course once paying there's an email saying that every March the price goes up 7.9%.

Does this really mean that before I've even got my broadband, the price will increase?Huh

Am I best off to just cancel the order, and on the 2nd March sign up again? ha.

7 REPLIES 7
mystreet1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Just signed up for 24 months...

No, wait until the 1st April. The price rise is the 31st March. 😁

Just had my email to inform me that it is going up by £2.17.

Unlimited fibre £0.07

Line Rental £2.10

So when I have to go to BB only, no line, my cost will be £21.30pm, or not ????

Was a member for years, but moved from PN fttc to fttp from an AltNet. Getting 940Mb up and down. Happy to stay on here and try to help others. 
ultrasbm

It feels VERY disingenuous having a price rise before it's even been installed...

Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

@mystreet1 wrote:

So when I have to go to BB only, no line, my cost will be £21.30pm, or not ????

I am assuming that there are no contracts including a PSTN phone service that run after the end of December 2025. If correct, there are no contracts that will run after the PSTN switch off date.

This will mean that all moves to SOGEA will involve a new contract.

To reset your account password have you tried logging in the member centre  https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login  and selecting forgot password or is that not the password you seek?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

namastte

Before canceling, you might want to check if there's a cooling-off period or discuss your concerns with Plusnet's customer service. They might offer solutions or clarify how the increase impacts new contracts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Have a look on the offers page, as I notice the increase on March 31st, has had 2025 added.

I'm confused about offers being made for my package and today, find that my sister is paying, for the same package, started a few weeks later, the lower price I paid in 2022. There was a complication, as usual, when I signed up, which makes me think I was given the new increased price for a few weeks on, but then had that increased.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

As you say the offers page now says increases from 31 March 2025 - that explains the increased prices quoted for most FTTP products in the last few days.