Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet

ginchy
Grafter

Leaving Plusnet

My contract ends on 24th September 2022

After I make my final monthly payment in a couple of days time can I then switch right away?

I read online that I can actually do this when there are less than 7 weeks left in my contract without incurring charges I just want confirmation. I already asked pnet on twitter but got no answer and on here I got no answer to the halving in speed of my upload speeds and the other answer I got after I made this post was right away next day....they reduced my d/l speed as well.

Please accept this public declaration that I will NOT be renewing my contract on the 24th September 2022 and note this on my account.

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Leaving Plusnet

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account/Billing 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Baldrick1

@ginchy 

You can’t make contractual changes through announcements on this forum. The cancellation procedure will be found here. https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

If you fail to follow this you will be billed at the out of contract rate.

Moderator and Customer

ginchy
Grafter

What does me not getting an answer to my upload/download speeeds problem have to do with accounts/billing ????Huh

Baldrick1

@ginchy 

Nothing whatsoever, it is replying to this topic. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Leaving-Plusnet/m-p/1885177#M62346

Moderator and Customer

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 8

Don't see why not provided you pay the charges for the full term of your contract. Suggest you don't cancel your direct  debit to PN until after you have left because any adjustment either way will be made to your bank.

ginchy
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Longliner!

Yes I would have thought so too but.....

Because you're moving your broadband and phone before the end of your minimum term, you will be subject to early termination charges. These have been calculated at £5.70. You can find out more information about this in our Price Guide.

Received just now! 

I wrote to them in a ticket and said

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a few days time I will make the final payment of my 12 month contract with you which ends on 24/9/22.

I am moving to another ISP on 8/9/22

How can you possibly charge me when:-

1. I will have paid you the full amount of my contract
2. I am terminating with less than 7 weeks of my contract remaining
3. I am receiving less than half of my guarenteed upload speed of 1mb by getting only 0.45mb and when requesting help on your broadband forum which is manned by pnet staff, I have been ignored.

A tweet to your twitter people was also ignored.

Awful service!

I have included a screen grab of the speed test."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there is 3 justified reasons yet they STILL try to take more money from me and this is one of the many reasons I am leaving! 

DISGRACEFUL

Thanks again Longliner let's see what happens!
ginchy
Grafter

The new ISP has already informed them so NO I don't have to follow any procedure at all duh!