cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left plusnet on 30th October - No change to plusnet account and no emails confirming I've left

Queen2020
Dabbler

Left plusnet on 30th October - No change to plusnet account and no emails confirming I've left

Hi,

My switch away from Plusnet to another provider was completed on 30th October. 

I've had no written confirmation from Plusnet that I've left and nothing has changed within my account.

Is this normal?

16 REPLIES 16
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: Left plusnet on 30th October - No change to plusnet account and no emails confirming I've left

I can take up to 21 days from switching to full account closure and issue of your final invoice. It is 2.1/2 years + since I left, but IIRC your account should show somewhere a  message to the effect that closure is taking place.

John
Queen2020
Dabbler

Re: Left plusnet on 30th October - No change to plusnet account and no emails confirming I've left

Thanks. I've no issue with it taking that long to issue the final invoice, even if it means an extra direct debit for 1 month which would then have to be refunded.

The lack of any notification / sign of closure in my account is slightly concerning, though.

jab1
Legend

Are you totally sure there is no banner message indicating that the account status has been changed - not impossible, but there should be something.

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Queen2020   Have you moved to a like for like service that you had with PN?

Or have you moved to a service that has provided a new line into your property?

Queen2020
Dabbler

Definitely nothing showing in my account

Queen2020
Dabbler

Hi, I switched like-for-like (FTTC plusnet to FTTC with Now TV). They did remove the phone line service, presumably as it's now 'digital only' ?

jab1
Legend

OK - no surprise, TBH the accounts functions are a total shambles.

John
Queen2020
Dabbler

Edited my reply with more detail, but

"Hi, I switched like-for-like (FTTC plusnet to FTTC with Now TV). They did remove the phone line service, presumably as it's now 'digital only' ?"

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Queen2020    OK, so  PN should have sent you a sorry to see you are leaving letter/message, giving you an option to stay in case it was a mistake.

And as @jab1  mentions a final bill within 21 days or so.

Other than checking for any closed tickets, my only other suggestion is to give them a call to make sure you don't go through an extended close down.

Queen2020
Dabbler

Thanks, I've spoken to someone who confirmed they can see the service was switched on 30th. Waiting to find out if my account is closing properly now.

Queen2020
Dabbler

Spoke to someone again today. Looks like I'll have double paid for a week or so but not worth the pain of rectifying.

Cancellation email received and can see a message in my account.

"You cannot change your billing date as your services are due to be cancelled"

"We're sad to hear that you've requested to cancel your Plusnet services, but we've done as you asked and placed your cancellation request.

The cancellation will take place on 8th November 2023."

"10:40am, Wednesday 8 Nov 2023

WLR cease order sent. The WLR product will be removed when the cease order completes.
Cancellation scheduled for Line Only. Effective on 08-11-2023"

Queen2020
Dabbler

No idea if this is good or bad 🙃

Service Notices

Service Notice #630100832

Service Notification
12:29pm, Wednesday 8 Nov 2023
Ignoring Broadband Unsolicited Cease on service due to the customer is ending the services with us. With the Cease Type is W and New ProviderRID is Empty

This message is now no longer visible on my account:

"You cannot change your billing date as your services are due to be cancelled"

jab1
Legend

@Queen2020 I don't understand that either -  pure unintelligible waffle. Suggest you call and get them to explain.

The disappearance of that message is also disturbing.

John
Queen2020
Dabbler

All normal, apparently 🙂

Email received post-call.

Thank you for calling Plusnet. I have advised your cancellation is going through.

Kind regards,