Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move to BT early termination?

FIXED
davgap
Dabbler

Move to BT early termination?

I was on the phone to BT this week about a new mobile contract and was persuaded that I should also move my broadband from plusnet to BT because "plusnet are closing their services". So I went through the ordering of a new broadband with the BT guy, like a fool, and have now read that plusnet are continuing their broadband service, and there's no need to move. 

So, my question is, with more than 6 months of my 18 month contract left with plusnet, will I be subjected to early termination fees if I let the move to BT broadband complete? Or should I get on the phone and cancel with them. Honestly, I feel like an idiot for believing the guy without checking first. 

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Move to BT early termination?

Fix

@davgap 

I understand that ETCs are only waived when transferring the service to BT when Plusnet can no longer provide the same service, such as transferring to full fibre and wishing to keep your landline, or moving to a social tariff. Even then the move has to be arranged through Plusnet, not by contacting BT direct.

I would cancel and complain that you have been misled.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

davgap
Dabbler

Re: Move to BT early termination?

Thanks that was my suspicion. Fortunately it looks like cancelling the BT order is reasonably straightforward. Clearly the guy was confused between Plusnet ending its mobile services vs broadband services, and I was too trusting not to check.