Did you mean: 

New Contract Incorrect online..

FIXED
Peter_D
Grafter

New Contract Incorrect online..

Hi all,

Third issue in as many weeks...

Negotiated for a contract extension via chat yesterday with [CSA Removed].

Agreed to keep Full Fibre with landline £24.49 for 18 months. States this correctly on new contract and emails

Account has now updated online to show -

Screenshot 2024-02-09 172154.png

Can someone have a look please?

Peter

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Contract Incorrect online..

@Peter_D wrote:

Agreed to keep Full Fibre with landline £24.49 for 18 months. States this correctly on new contract and emails

So how does that work then ?

"Full Fibre" is provisioned over a fibre-optic cable,  and "landline" is provided over copper wires !

Does the contract and emails really say that ?

Perhaps that conflicting terminology is why Plusnet is confused ?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

And you can't have both.

John
Peter_D
Grafter

My mistake! Meant to type Fibre Unlimited. Had just been reading another topic on Full Fibre and had it on my mind.

Renewed 18 months FIbre Unlimited with landline (wife wants to keep it for time being) for £24.49 - not reflected on updated account.

Peter_D
Grafter

Unlimited Fibre Extra to use full terminology!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

@Peter_D It is about 5 years since I did a contract renewal  with PN, but I would suggest they've forgotten to take most of your discounts off -  personally, I would give them a call tomorrow.

John
Peter_D
Grafter

Yes, looks like it. Same thing happened two years ago with my last renewal. Does seem to be an ongoing issue around here...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Suspecting the contract hasn’t begun yet, if you’ve only renewed yesterday. It normally happens on the next bill date, though sometimes sooner. Is there any indication in your account that a change may still be in progress?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Peter_D
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf  I thought that too as the banner  An error has occurred
You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress appears at the top but when I click on 'broadband' the new start date etc is showing, so I don't know..

Screenshot 2024-02-09 212422.png

teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Over the years, I've had similar problems, plus huge mistakes in calculations when a month's already paid bill and having to take a new offer before the end of a current term have had to be considered. (Good thing I was a maths teacher, so did the calculation to within a penny.)

So far, but there's still time to get the sums wrong, if I stay, My problem has been different. This time Plusnet staff cannot decide what they are offering.

I am on a 24 month contract , currently at £30.32, after last year's hair raising increase, for Fibre Extra including calls and I was very pleased to receive , though with 3 months to go, a chatty email about it never being too late to plan ahead and inviting me to look at the 'amazing' offer they wee making me to renew to exactly the same contract, by logging into my account. The offer was £26 plus some pence, cheaper than for 12 or18 months, as expected, and being clear that the calls were still included.

I read somewhere, that offers can disappear suddenly, so when I had another email, I logged in and was shocked to find that though 18 worked out cheaper than 12 months, my new price for 24 months was an alarming £29.49 greater than both; very odd.

Then I got another email, which I have taken care to preserve, as Plusnet emails, unlike others, seem to be impossible to retrieve, after being deleted. This one detailed the forthcoming price increase, in pounds and pence but below, was a lovely announcement that I was invited to renew with the same details as with my current account. It actually states that the price for 24 months is £24.99 . It certainly doesn't state 'from' the usual disguise for higher prices. Following the invite to consult my account , I did so and was angered to note that therein was the same stupid offer from before.

This morning another email, which I didn't read, but went straight to my account and I have no need to write what was inside.

LilaConnect, one of the full fibre installers and now also providers, installed in our road, well before Christmas, and our son has taken their services for the 1000 package as he moved house and has a family of five. He is thrilled with the service and says it seems to download in an instant.

As just a couple, we don't need that speed but can get 250 for  £24.98, 500 for £29.98  and for £5 more the full Gigabit and yet more for another £5. I was reluctant to give up our landline and number of 45 years, together with twin house phones, but my husband's mobile has data, only needed during Covid and my phone is a pay-as-you-go and rarely used, so changing both to calls only contract won't cost much more and we still have phone connection inside the house.

Therefore, if Plusnet do not see me right, it really will be goodbye, soon.

Peter_D
Grafter

Anonymous
Not applicable

@teddysmum wrote:

I was reluctant to give up our landline and number of 45 years, together with twin house phones

@teddysmum -

When you inevitably give up on Plusnet and move to LilaConnect,  it is quite straightforward to port your landline number to a VoIP provider (within 30 days of leaving), and continue to have your 45 year phone number working on your house phones (plugged in to your LilaConnect router), or have calls routed to a VoIP app on a mobile handset - for as little as £1.44 per month.

If you wanted to explore this possibility, then nearer the time, I'd suggest starting yourself a new topic in the "Home Phone" section, so community members here can answer any questions you might have.

Peter_D
Grafter

No luck on the phone this weekend and chat say they can't help. Hopefully someone picks this up tomorrow and sorts it.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Hi @Peter_D 

I'm looking into this further. I'll update you when I know more 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ed027

I've got exactly the same problem too...

I recently renewed my broadband and signed up at £25.99 per month, but my account is now saying it is £26.53 per month! I also received a confirmation email that it was £47.76 per month.

Not sure what to do about it, the chat is unhelpful and can't get through on the phone.