cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract due to house move. Confusion over new contract terms and net status at new property.

FIXED
DSR
Dabbler

New contract due to house move. Confusion over new contract terms and net status at new property.

I started the home moving process with Plusnet by taking out a new contract and was told I could change the move date if I was to move early.

Indeed, I attempted to move the date forward, but the Openreach system would not allow it. That itself is not an issue, I’m more than happy to stay with my original date. However, I was concerned over the reason given by Openreach. They said something about an existing order. I’m hoping the previous owner has switched their net to their new address. Could that be checked?

Secondly, I had a serious of ‘We've opened a Question on your account’ that all have different contract periods and costs. Is there anyway of checking I will be on a 18moth £25.99 pm contract?

I think they call the above moving paranoia Sad

8 REPLIES 8
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Re: New contract due to house move. Confusion over new contract terms and net status at new property

They said something about an existing order. I’m hoping the previous owner has switched their net to their new address

Assuming the previous owner has switched to the new address, that will have placed a cease order on the old address. That will be preventing any other orders being placed until it completes.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DSR
Dabbler

Re: New contract due to house move. Confusion over new contract terms and net status at new property

The previous owners moved out on 5 August, so I imagine the transfer of their broadband 'may' have already taken place?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

A cease can take 14 days to complete from the time the transfer was initiated

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DSR
Dabbler

That should take it to the 19th, my request was for the 25th.

DSR
Dabbler

Can anyone from Plusnet check my concerns raised in my initial post?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Fix

Hi there,

From what I can see the line at your new address has already been stopped and we've placed an order to reactivate it which is due to complete on the 25th August anytime up to midnight.

As for your monthly cost, aye that should be as agreed and your account should update to reflect this when the order's completed. Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DSR
Dabbler

Thank you very much Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

No problem Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet