Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No £75 gift card yet

FIXED
mariana1
Hooked

No £75 gift card yet

I joined plusnet this week but haven’t received the £75 gift card yet. I’ve seen in this community that’s a problem so I’m curious if I’ll ever receive it?
19 REPLIES 19
JamesBlonde
Hooked

Re: No £75 gift card yet

Hi,

I joined Plusnet approx 3 weeks ago, and have just received the email inviting me to apply for the Reward Card. I completed the application and hope to receive it in the next few days.

Keep checking your emails, including your spam folder, and hopefully you will receive it soon. Good luck.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Fix

Hi there,

I can see you claimed the reward card yesterday so you should get it within 30 days.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JamesBlonde
Hooked

Hello Gandalf, thanks for your email. I have received an email from Baggsy regarding my method of joining Plusnet, I joined via a phone call, and not via the website. (see message from Baggsy below). So I'm still not sure if I will receive the reward card or not. I did receive an application form for the card, which I filled in and returned, so hopefully I will get the reward card soon.

@Baggsy, From what I can see you signed up over the phone and we've listened to your call but there was no mention of a reward card which is the reason why you haven't received it I'm afraid. A screenshot wouldn't really help as the signup wasn't done online, unless I'm mistaken you'd chosen to call us instead? 

Thank you again.

JamesBlonde
Hooked

Hi, received my Plusnet reward card. Very happy about that. Thanks everyone involved.

Baggsy
Hooked

Hi @JamesBlonde .  Congrats on receiving your reward card.

@Gandalf .  As I signed up using the same method can let me know when can I expect my email with the application form?

Thanks

Paul

Spattzzz
Dabbler

I’m feeling very scammed by all this.

They are just now claiming I didn’t sign up through a link with the voucher link when I certainly did.

Where that link point to within plusnet is clearly not correct so they can get out of the offer and this the price charged is no longer worthwhile.

It’s all a scam.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @Spattzzz,

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately, as has been previously explained by my colleagues, our investigation into this case has shown that you aren't eligible for this offer. Please accept my deepest apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Spattzzz
Dabbler

This makes no sense.
The page I followed the link from had the offer.

The radio advert that made me seek out your company was offering the same and that can’t even have a link to click.

I have taken this up with ofcom and the advertising standards agency.

ThIs is incredibly bad practice and deceitful of your company that offer this exact offer on multiple channels and media and yet even after clicking through I am supposed to know that the link doesn’t end in the offer even though it starts with it being shown.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 223

Thanks for getting back to us, we do have multiple offers at any given time so it does mean that if you join us (and we're genuinely grateful that you have by the way) it does mean you'd only get the specific deal that you chose when signing up the account with us. 

I've flagged a complaint on your account and just tried calling so I left a brief voicemail, here's a direct link to it, please take a look when you can: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=226945671

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Spattzzz
Dabbler

Ofcom has advised me to raise this to an official complaint and further it with the ADR scheme you are a member of.

You are advertising a price on various media: radio, paper etc which imply a price and does not provide guidance that this is only ns specific circumstances and the way to enable them has to be followed in a certain order.
Instead you run a system that without making it clear, prices are charged different to the advertised price on the various medias that isn’t a current service price but a specific offer that needs enabling in a specific format.

Please provide an email address for your official complaints department.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

I'm really sorry @Spattzzz and I can absolutely appreciate the frustration this is causing. 

We would like to come to a resolution on this, Adam is out of the office until 11:30am and once he comes back in he will get back in touch with you to discuss your complaint.  

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Spattzzz
Dabbler

Another issue that has come to light.

On initial price investigation through a site that may or may not of have the offer, I part completed a sign up and then abandoned part way through by closing my browser.

Much later I entered your site from another location with the offer clearly shown and started the sign up process again.

I was surprised that my part filled sign up that I abandoned was still part filled and I had little left to complete the process. I am now informed that this was done by a persistent cookie, affiliate tracker or some other technical tracking mechanism your end.

Is this how I am being wrongly informed as signing up incorrectly.

A privacy concern now also exists for me: how long would my private information of been held from the initial abandoned signup?
Spattzzz
Dabbler

I have now checked my browser history from the day I signed uo and received the DD set notification from yourself.

This clearly shows the ad showing the £75 reward offer the expired on august 3rd and the rest of the history shows the signup process.

Screenshot 2022-08-21 at 14.00.32.pngScreenshot 2022-08-21 at 14.08.29.png

Spattzzz
Dabbler

You can also see that I initially started signing up via a different link in May but quit that session.

The sesión following the £75 link on June 23rd I did complete.

I now believe the affiliate cookie from the first session has persisted with the second sign up which is wrongly blocking the offer part of the contract being for filled from your end.

and also means private data has been held for over a month.

Screenshot 2022-08-21 at 14.24.15.png