cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No-one else could have this problem!

astro_L
Dabbler

No-one else could have this problem!

Beat this for an absurd Plusnet problem.

Well over a decade ago I moved to a different part of the country.  However, Plusnet decided that I hadn't moved despite them having full knowledge of everything including the new telephone number (yes, given by them!!).

However, despite all this, for the last 10+ years (yes over 10 years) they have consistently billed me for an ancient telephone umber (Southampton!) and charges.  Consequently I can never be certain how accurate their billing is. Yes, I have rung them on many occasions to query this.  The result is always the same:

Yes, we'll look into it.

We've identified the problem.

No, it can't possibly be fixed.

Followed by repeats of the above sequence.

Today, as usual I had the monthly bill.  After 10+ years it appears that I still live in Southampton - some 150+ miles away from where I actually live.

FWIW Once upon a time I used to teach IT and regularly explained to my classes that 'garbage in = garbage out'.

<really big sigh>

Lawrence H

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: No-one else could have this problem!

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from My Order to Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Re: No-one else could have this problem!

Hi Lawrence,

I remember personally looking into this for you earlier in the year. To recap what I’d explained to you at the time, after speaking to various people in our systems support teams, we think we’d identified what’s causing this to happen in one of our backend systems.

However due to the way our systems work, it’s not an easy fix, so I then raised it as a problem for our developers to investigate further. Unfortunately it’s taking way longer than I’d hoped due to other things they’re working on first which are of greater priorities. This is because the problem affecting your account is simply cosmetic, which means we aren’t incorrectly billing you as your landline number is correct in our billing system. 

I however haven’t said that the problem can’t be fixed, but when we’re able to investigate further, we will do. In the meantime, if this is a concern to you then I’m still happy to create you a new account, transferring your services over and closing your existing account. This would effectively fix the problem for you and I can make sure there’s as little downtime as possible with your service. Let me know if this is something you’d like me to do. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet