Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norton Security Renewal

FIXED
baccini
Grafter

Norton Security Renewal

Hi can you confirm that Norton Security is not set to auto renew after the two years free?

21 REPLIES 21
Mav
Fixes: 517

Re: Norton Security Renewal

@baccini 

My understanding is that it's free for as long as you're a customer.

• Virus protection for PCs, Macs, mobile phones and tablets
  • Safe Search identifies suspicious sites helping to keep your personal data safe when you're online
  • Extra security encryption giving you greater peace of mind when banking online
  • Safeguards for your webcam with instant alerts and blocking of unauthorised access attempts
  • Protection for up to seven devices
  • Norton Password Manager helps keep your passwords safe

Free

I've moved this thread to My Account/Billing in the hope a member of staff will see it and confirm.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

baccini
Grafter

At the bottom of Norton app 

Subscription Status 95 days remaining

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

Fix

Hey there @baccini you have it as long as you are a customer but as it is done in renewals that's why it says how many days you have left. It will auto renew Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
baccini
Grafter

Ok that's fine I thought it was for two years thanks.

kjt
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Norton Security has been pestering me for the last month to pay for a renewal. Now, a couple of days after the official expiry of Norton, it says I have been given a couple of months extension.

It's not obvious that this is being automatically renewed by PlusNet. It's still showing in my account as something I should have. I am still a Plusnet broadband customer. How should it be renewed properly?

baccini
Grafter

I have the same extended for 2 months unsure what to do.
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 14

I’ve received numerous ‘heavy handed’ invitations to renew Norton and other suppliers of security software, none of which I use.

Even if they look genuine, best to have doubts and check……..

kjt
Dabbler

I spoke to the PlusNet help team. They told me that Norton is provided only for two years, and afterwards I would have to arrange and pay for renewal myself. So unfortunately the advice above from Will Cutforth is incorrect. The agent I was speaking to said that he would follow this up, and hopefully correct what is posted online.

Annie4

I've spoken with 3 Plusnet advisers about this recently. The first said they'd check with the tech team and get back to me (they didn't) The second said not to worry it would auto renew, the third I spoke with today (having had another reminder from Norton that my account was expiring) said it was only free for 2 years and I would have to arrange to pay for it via Norton or organise and alternative.

I can't find anything on the website to say it doesn't continue indefinitely so I guess it's a case of wait and see what happens.

Plusnet don't seem to know!

Mav
Fixes: 517

@Annie4 

The answer was posted here by @willcutforth 

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

rainyday

I had this, with 6 months of contract to run.

I was going to phone but the queue was too long so looked around my account.

I went to the page where it said security and Norton had a button to remove or a link to download.

So I downloaded it. It had a price of £0.00. It downloaded, scanned all my stuff, offered me another 7 devices cover.

AND the notices have stopped.

Give it a go.

I was worried too.

baccini
Grafter

I've just done what you said all sorted now thanks for your advice.cheers
kjt
Dabbler

I also did likewise: logged into my PlusNet account, chose AddOns, went to PlusNet Protect, then clicked Download. After installation (over the previous installation) it said I had 731 days left. It's beginning to look like it doesn't automatically renew. But it can be renewed for a further 2 years, hopefully repeatedly.

Notwithstanding this, my Norton sign-in still says that my subscription expires soon. I can only suppose that logging in from my PlusNet account somehow authorises a full two years.

All a bit odd, but at least I seem to have got Norton back again.

ADancer

I'm still worried. Taken all day to log in and get password sorted. It does say £0.00 cost, what to do? I feel like cancelling the whole lot. Are there better providers out there?