Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please explain

pvmb
Pro
Fixes: 3

Please explain

I have received an email from Plusnet. What on earth is this all about? Nothing to do with me, I am still in contract AFAIK:

-------------------------------------------

Yes: 

Length 18 months

Remaining 6 months

Start date 14th Sep 2022

End date 13th Mar 2024

--------------------------------------------

"Information about changing your product

Hello Xxxxxxx,

Account username: [Removed]

We've received your product change request and have now started the process of moving your products to:

• Broadband package: Unlimited Fibre

• Phone package: Plusnet Line Only

This will change over on 11th October 2023 and your new cost per month will be £47.76 (annual price changes apply).

We'll send you an end of contract reminder before your contract ends, and offer an account review too, to make sure you're still on the right package for you.

For details of our call costs please see our tariff guide. All other charges are set out in our price guide.

The price for broadband, line rental, call plans, call charges and add-ons will be increased on or after 1st March every year by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January of that year plus 3.9%. Other prices, content and terms may also change during your contract. See CPI Plus 3.9% Guide for details.

Just a reminder you can find your account number on your bill in the billing and payments section of your account.

Your broadband speed

Here's what you need to know about your new speeds:

Unlimited Fibre has an average speed of 36Mb download and 9Mb upload.

At peak times, we estimate that you'll get the following speeds on your line:

Download: 38 - 40Mb
Upload: 8 - 10Mb
Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 29.2Mb"

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Re: Please explain

That's the confirmation email on the back of this change.

No changes will be made to your broadband product or pricing of your package, apologies for the confusion!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pvmb
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Please explain

Thanks. But I must say, it is hardly a satisfactory situation when, as a Plusnet customer, we continue to receive confusing and meaningless emails from Plusnet that we are expected to ignore. How do we now know which emails we receive from Plusnet are to be ignored and which to pay attention to?

It does not inspire confidence.