Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Confusion

FIXED
jim13
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Price Confusion

After six weeks or so out of contract, I signed up for a new 24-month plan, to start on the 5th of August. The deal was for unlimited fibre broadband/line rental and call plan. The total quoted (as per email of 6th July), was £38.27 per month.

On August 5th I was charged £54 or thereabouts which I supposed included a signing-on fee or else a charge for a new router (haven't got one), Fair enough. However, on looking at my projected billing, I will pay £53.04 per month over the length of the new contract.

Obviously, I would much prefer the £38.27 offer.

Will things sort themselves out, or should I get out the worry beads?

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 429

Re: Price Confusion

@jim13 

Something is amiss. There is no signing on charge.

I would leave it a couple of days and with a fair wind a Plusnet staffer will pick this post up for action. Alternatively you need to ring in.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jim13
Rising Star

Okeydokey. I'll let it ride for a few days. Thanks

jim13
Rising Star

Tried to contact a living being in the hope of raising a ticket, but was unable to get through. Odd really, I've always found Plusnet's customer relations to be very efficient. 

I'll keep trying. Someone must be in !

EmilyD
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @jim13. I’m so sorry for how long it’s taken to get back to you! We’re quite busy right now, so it’s taking longer than we’d usually like to get back to customers.

I'm very sorry that you have been overcharged and for any inconvenience that this has caused. I can confirm that the discount hasn't been correctly added to your account and I will pass on feedback about this. I have added a credit of £15.77 to cover the overcharge on this month's bill and this will come off your next bill. I have amended the contract discounts to ensure that you are correctly charged £38.27 moving forwards.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
jim13
Rising Star

Many thanks, Emily. I was beginning to think it was an age thing on my part! 

Jim13

EmilyD
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 117

Thanks @jim13! Nope definitely not anything on your part! Sorry again for the error and please don't hesitate to get back in touch if there's anything else that I can help with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team