cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price "Increses 31st March" but by how much??

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Price "Increses 31st March" but by how much??

I was with plusnet for a long time in the past, and im now with Now broadband and my "deal" is due to expire around march/April so im now looking at where to go to next.

Im in a copper stop sell area so FTTP is the only option if Now dont offer a deal, and I'm also aware of the landline phone service issues with plusnet ( despite being on their voip trail many years ago) so I have a plan for that - to move the voice service to a voip provider

The only issue with plusnet is there are no prices listed

FTTP appears to start at 26.99/month , however each listing has a vague anouncement at the bottom "increases 31st of March"

Increases to what?

How much will this increse be exactly ?

7 REPLIES 7
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Price "Increses 31st March" but by how much??

@pint 

Inflation + 3.9%

Brian

Batfrog
Aspiring Pro

This is true but 3.9% of what?

I rather think most people will be in for a shock come April !

I think you’ll find it will be 3.9% of the out of contract price as the bill shows this price less a discount so the ‘outstanding amount’ is the price you actually pay.

This is certainly the case with some other ISPs

But then who reads ALL the small print?

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 60

This from the PN website

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cpi-plus-guide/

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

I think you’ll find it will be 3.9% of the out of contract price as the bill shows this price less a discount so the ‘outstanding amount’ is the price you actually pay.

The CPI + 3.4 increase applies to the discounted price, at least it did last year!

There was some iinitial issues with the discounts not being increased correctly in some cases but that was quickly corrected

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Batfrog
Aspiring Pro

I stand corrected – Hopefully !

I’m not completely clear from this paragraph taken from the Plusnet link above.

Where you buy more than one service from us and each is subject to the price increase, the amount of the increase is calculated on each service separately. If you receive a discount on your price, the increase will be applied to this amount.

I read also that Ofcom are unhappy with the percentage increases and are proposing that ISPs should give £ & p price increases for each year of the contract at the time of ‘signing up’

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

Where you buy more than one service from us and each is subject to the price increase, the amount of the increase is calculated on each service separately. If you receive a discount on your price, the increase will be applied to this amount.

Your bill shows the basic charges for each service and then a discount. What that statement says is that each of the charges is increased and then the discount is also increased, meaning that the increase is effectively on the discounted price.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

This article was publish on ISP review 26th Dec Softer UK Broadband and Mobile Price Hikes Expected in 2024  

It includes price increase predictions.